JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have fully jumped on the speed steel competition bandwagon after Novembers event that @Dyjital dragged me to. I am going to be there with at least 2 guns and a couple friends, and I would love to see some other NWFA members there to shoot the bubblegum with.

Info:
Cost $10
[email protected]
541-974-1720
Non-members contact Ramiro Herrera for access prior to the event

PS. @Dyjital its my turn to drag you to this one.

Yeah I know I'll be there. Wanting to run the MKIV again from a draw maybe.
Other options too could happen... maybe the Charger, PC-9 or knock @Joe Link upside the head and use his pistol.

I'm going to try and make this, too. Got a brand new CP33 to play with, hopefully the weather won't be too horrible. It occurs to me that it would be cool to have a way to id forum people, like a cool pin or something. May have to look into that... Other than that, are we all going for squad 4?

I'm going to try and make this, too. Got a brand new CP33 to play with, hopefully the weather won't be too horrible. It occurs to me that it would be cool to have a way to id forum people, like a cool pin or something. May have to look into that... Other than that, are we all going for squad 4?

Last time there were images on our name badges

I'd go but I'm signed up for @Cerberus Group 1911Armorer Class that weekend. Maybe the next one!

If, for some reason (like some pretty crap weather) the class gets cancelled...how's ARPC feel about walk-on's? (I've already got a babysitter for the weekend...hate to waste it ;))

I'd go but I'm signed up for @Cerberus Group 1911Armorer Class that weekend. Maybe the next one!

If, for some reason (like some pretty crap weather) the class gets cancelled...how's ARPC feel about walk-on's? (I've already got a babysitter for the weekend...hate to waste it ;))
More the merrier.
Contact Ramiro if a non member for access etc. (or message me and we can schedule a meetup for entry!)

Like @Dyjital said, the event is open to the public you just have to get an access code from Ramiro. Or meet up with @Dyjital or me and we can get you in. And all the bays are covered so you will be mostly dry even if its pissing rain.

Looks like the forecast has rain, but reasonably warm. ( I hate cold fingers at competitions!) I'll be running on not much sleep but w/e, I really want to start off the 2020 competition season with this. Not gonna have time to make a nametag or anything, so I'll just be the one with the CP33. :0

Are any of you newbies to this? I'd like to try it. It's definitely a new experience. Are there restrictions on the type of ammo? Do they allow lead or plated?
This will be my second event. So I am still novice as hell. It is a huge amount of fun so you should absolutely come out and give it a try. You're more than welcome to join my group. Pretty sure there is no restriction on ammo. However, I believe they recommend at least 250rnds of ammo. So I go with whatever is A)cheap and B) feeds reliably.

Are any of you newbies to this? I'd like to try it. It's definitely a new experience. Are there restrictions on the type of ammo? Do they allow lead or plated?
No steel core and no rifle caliber (like .223/5.56 etc).
Bring a case for whatever you wish to shoot. Your firearm will only be out of the case at the firing line (unless it's holstered in that case it stays holstered until you are on firing line). Holstered or cased, no exceptions.

The firearm community is the most welcoming group I know of so of course you are welcome! (just make sure if you bring reloads that they are properly sized). You should see the end of my barrel when I bring a pistol up. I shake like a dog crapping a peach seed. I'm only competing against myself as I want to see improvement from the first outing back in November.

In November we had an individual in our group who had ammo that was not sized properly after bullet seating and sadly it cost him minutes of time per round. Most of us were done in around 3-5 seconds per round x 5 rounds per stage. Heavy emphasis from @Baseacegoku about feeding reliably. That could be the killjoy of your Sunday. Always welcome to hang out after the discipline if an ARPC member stays (just need to sign in under that member) and shoot some more with them as their guest. I'm sure I'll hang around afterwards for an hour or so.

$10 for the event to meet and greet other individuals is worth it.

What are the furthest targets you had on any stages? I watched the video on ARPC link. Looks like fun. How many participants showed up?
I will probably be corrected. But I think the furthest target is 25yrds. There were 56ish people last time but we are broken down into squads of around 12. Seriously, buy the ammo necessary and come on out. It is a ton of fun and everyone is very welcoming.

What are the furthest targets you had on any stages? I watched the video on ARPC link. Looks like fun. How many participants showed up?
12-20 yards?
Really close range. Targets are big too so hard to miss unless you are like me. I shot 151 times. I only had one miss.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top