JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Playboy has said that he carries a Kahr in his fanny pack when working out at the gym. Starting to look like a good idea after reading this.:(

I work at a gym and policy there is absolutely NO firearms. That way, it is a safe zone, right? :huh: I am tempted to carry anyway, especially after reading something like this. I have thought before how easy it would be for someone to do just what this guy did where I work. I mean, I don't want to lose my job, but it's hard to fire somebody who is dead. Plus, if that happened at work and I couldn't do anything to stop it because I adhered to policy and left my CC weapon at home, I would have to live with that for the rest of my life. Why carry at all if you don't carry everywhere? What a dilemma.......

Looks like school or work is where most of these nuts go off. I would hide it good, but I would bring it. Things are gettin a little crazy out there.

My wife occasionally looks at news from Canada (we have relatives there), and the government-run news media covered this story. Of course, the story - and the vast majority of the posted comments - were anti-gun and anti-American. This really rankled my wife, and so she posted two comments of her own.

Here's her first comment:

"Some have pointed out that the maniac that did this was probably targeting women. One photo in the article shows two women hugging each other and crying. I understand their pain. But crying and pleading for our "leaders" to take action to "stop the violence" just doesn't work. A sensible woman will face the fact that there are violent maniacs out there and the police can't always be there to protect you. Sometimes these maniacs strike in public places like gyms or schools or other so-called "gun-free zones", but much more frequently, they strike when the woman is home alone or while she's walking to her car. Realizing this, and knowing that 'when seconds count, the police are just minutes away', a strong, sensible woman will go out, buy a handgun, get self-defense training on how to use it, then get her concealed carry permit and take her gun with her wherever she goes (remember, this story comes from the U.S., and in most states, carrying a gun for self-defense is perfectly legal). And the next time some hate-filled maniac comes into a gym targeting women for mass destruction, he will get the shock of his life when he turns to shoot some poor woman cowering on the floor and instead gets shot in the back of the head before he can pull the trigger.
Consider this: if a police woman had been in that gym, and she had shot that maniac before he could kill so many people, she would be touted as a hero in the story. In my opinion, so should any confident, law-abiding woman with a gun and the proper training!
The anti-gun cowards here will certainly disagree. They prefer women to cower and cry and plead for their life as the monster shoots or stabs or strangles them. They are free to choose that option if they want. But unlike most Canadians that don't seem to care about their right to self-defense, I live in a country that recognizes my right to keep and bear arms, and I've chosen to exercise that right so I can fight back and live!"

Then some jerk responded - claiming that all Americans are brainwashed! Well that really got her going! My wife knows a bit about Canadian politics. Here's her response to that idiot's comment:

"whirlpool thinks Americans are brainwashed? What a joke! First off, whirlpool displays a penchant for bigotry by claiming an entire nation is brainwashed! Second, if some Americans are brainwashed, then there are certainly many Canadians who are brain-dead! Proof? A majority of Canadians kicked out the Conservatives because they introduced the GST, and elected the Liberals to a majority because they promised to scrap the GST. The Liberals lied of course, and shortly after they were elected, they broke their promise, telling the Canadian people they were going to "harmonize" the GST. Then, by the time the next election came around, predictably, a majority of Canadians had forgotten about this huge insult to the public trust, and like complete toadies, they re-elected these same Liberals to yet another majority!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

When President George H.W. Bush said "Read my lips - no new taxes!", then later broke that promise and raised taxes, he was kicked out of office in the next election! Americans brainwashed? I don't think so! In reality whirlpool, the majority of Canadians like yourself that actively encourage their government to take away an individual's right to own guns are the truly brainwashed people!"

I sure do love my sweetie! :love:

Has anyone seen anything indicating what type(s) of firearms this pathetic SOB used in his "blaze of glory"?

I'm wondering if it was a dreaded "Assault Weapon" :confused:

Update about the shooter here: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/06/gym.shooting.video/index.html

This quote kills me:
Sodini also had 30-round ammunition clips that were illegal before the assault weapons ban was lifted in 2004, police said.

30 round mag? Sounds like he had a Glock? Not sure what other pistols have 30 round mags.

But sounds like they are suggesting that if the ban was still in place he wouldn't have had the 30 round mag.... which might be true - but doesn't mean he couldn't have still killed 4 people with a 10 round mag.

That is an absolutely terrible thing to have happen, but for some reason this has a bunch of people in a panic yet over 30,000 people die every year in car accidents, maybe we should all drive around with giant tires strung around our car like a tugboat chances are that will have a better probability of saving your life then carrying a gun in a gym.

It's in the Water

oh my, and here I was, thinking it was the KoolAde

any news on how he came by these handguns, specific model/caliber, and whether he had CWP?

One more instance of a mass public attack in a gun free zone....... they just don't GET it, do they? Outlaw arms in the possession of the law-abiding, and guess what? Open season on carp in a barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top