JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1641 engine (dual relief case), Melling hi volume oil pump, dual 40mm Weber IDF carbs, Engle 110 cam, lightly massaged stock dual port heads, 009 dizzy with electronic pickup and MSD 6A ignition box. Polyurethane all around, traction bar installed. Transaxle is from a later model in the 70s with a 4.10 R&P. Its not an acceleration beast much, but scoots on down the highway. Shifter has a quick shift kit installed, and the shift rod has had a support welded in halfway down the tunnel. The shifter has NO slop whatsoever. Line-lock installed for holding the front brakes. Oh, and yeah, its a 1971 body on a 1969 pan. It is NOT a salvage title tho.

Tires are new (less than 2000 miles) 195/55 up front 205/60 in the rear on stock wheels (so they tuck nicely in the fenders). For a lowered VW, it rides like a Cadillac.

I'd like to see it go to someone who can do paint and body work (welding skills). I have no welder and don't know much about paint and body work, nor do I have time and space to work on it. Car is great mechanically, just needs a home to look better. Wife and I have made the decision to sell her for our own personal reasons. Would love to keep her, but it just doesn't fit well with our plan.

Will trade for guns. A 1911 is a must + whatever else. Shotgun perhaps for the wife or rifles.

Pics here

Titled as a 1969. The body was switched in California, and when the title was switched to Oregon, I guess they forgot to include the salvage. The VIN was transferred properly from the old body to the new and was all legit. I can get some interior pics later on.

Interior is not fabulous, but better than a junker. Padded dash, and seen better days. I've had seat covers on both front seats for 10 years or more. The drivers side has new foam installed but was never re-recovered. Just had the seat cover on it. Back seat bottom side had all that junky horsehair crap rot out, so I simply took the cover off, and used some old blanket material as padding, and reinstalled the cover. The upper portion has some holes in it, which I have a Mac Tools fender cover tossed over the top of it. Years ago the door panels were recovered. They've seen better days.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top