JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I was trained to do was use what ever issue ammo we had at the time, with a extra mag or two of other stuff like tracers for spotting/marking/starting fires, and frangible for times when over penetration was an issue! As a civi, I do not mix loads for hand guns, or small rifle (5.56) but I still do this with 7.62X51 and 7.62X63 using hollow points AND tungsten core Bullets! I use these all the way up to .300 win mag, for obvious reasons!

Ahhhh.... the "fruit salad" magazine load!

I still do the same for my HD shotguns, 00, 1oz. slugger, 00, 1oz. slugger... in that order.

'MURICA!! ;)
I don't recall ever calling it that, but,...

It was the first thing I thought about when I read the thread about the cotton duck Carhartt coat that stopped the 124gr 9MM HPs cold.
I used to carry with 115+P+ at over 1320 FPS, but when I went to 124 gr NATO loads I started the practice of alternating rounds.

I don't recall ever calling it that, but,...

It was the first thing I thought about when I read the thread about the cotton duck Carhartt coat that stopped the 124gr 9MM HPs cold.
I used to carry with 115+P+ at over 1320 FPS, but when I went to 124 gr NATO loads I started the practice of alternating rounds.

I had all sorts of colorful terms for lots of things... i.e. I SWEAR that I even invented the term "HUBS" for Head Up Butt Syndrome back in the late 80's while stationed in Germany... we acronymned EVERYTHING. I've heard HUBS used multiple times by strangers in my travels.

Anyway.... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads