JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While I do not agree with the author or the tone of this piece, it does have a wealth of information and touches on some very interesting points. If nothing else this should be spread among the gun prohibitionists or those just on the other side of the fence. While it brings up many of the issues 2A proponents argue such as enforcing current law, the banning cosmetic features, etc., it does it in a way that some may be more receptive to than the blunt truth.
http://www.thefogofpolicy.com/specialfeature/special-feature-the-truth-and-doubts-about-gun-control/

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Not actually too bad other than some wrong statements.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

While I do not agree with the author or the tone of this piece, it does have a wealth of information and touches on some very interesting points. If nothing else this should be spread among the gun prohibitionists or those just on the other side of the fence. While it brings up many of the issues 2A proponents argue such as enforcing current law, the banning cosmetic features, etc., it does it in a way that some may be more receptive to than the blunt truth.
http://www.thefogofpolicy.com/specialfeature/special-feature-the-truth-and-doubts-about-gun-control/

Thanks! That was a good read.

Not a bad article.

I do take issue with the diagrams showing homicide rate by country. Note that the scale on that diagram is somewhat arbitrary, which provides a way to make any country look better or worse depending on your agenda. I'm not saying the author did that, only that it's a common trick used in infographics with an agenda.

Many of the diagrams are from anti-gun groups and as such are worth the paper they are printed on in the link, which is nothing. Still, it is not a bad article by an anti-gun author and in my opinion could very well be seen as reasonable enough by other anti-gunners that they may actually start to think about the issue.

Another piece about coming around to reason. It is pretty light and probably won't sway many in the anti-gun or fence sitting crowd, and definitely not those with a severe case of cranial-rectitis, but it just might get some to start thinking.

She did make an excellent observation -
They want guns as a means to standing up to the wanton violence that is a real problem in our society.
http://thefederalist.com/2014/05/20/i-lived-a-completely-gun-free-life-until-now/#disqus_thread

I just read the article, and think it's excellent in talking about the complexities of the issue . As a shooter for about 60 years, the idea of banning guns is just foolish. The anti-gun crowd, just like the anti-abortion crowd, the anti-gay crowd, the anti-dog crowd, the anti-cat crowd, the anti-deer crowd and the anti-everything else crowd , loves to distort the issues and blast away with meaningless statistics. I firmly believe that guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people. That said, we DO need better laws and we DO need to repeal our other BAD laws, so that there is some sense of what the law really says !! What a confusing mess. Thanks for the link to the article. I'll read it again !
Brent

I just read the article, and think it's excellent in talking about the complexities of the issue . As a shooter for about 60 years, the idea of banning guns is just foolish. The anti-gun crowd, just like the anti-abortion crowd, the anti-gay crowd, the anti-dog crowd, the anti-cat crowd, the anti-deer crowd and the anti-everything else crowd , loves to distort the issues and blast away with meaningless statistics. I firmly believe that guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people. That said, we DO need better laws and we DO need to repeal our other BAD laws, so that there is some sense of what the law really says !! What a confusing mess. Thanks for the link to the article. I'll read it again !
Brent

Sir I respectfully disagree with your stance that the anti-cat crowd is somehow wrong. Yes I acknowledge that you have a cat in your avatar picture, however your misplaced trust of the cute furry feline will be your ultimate downfall. Cats are the embodiment of evil, self-centeredness, narcissism and indifference. How else would you explain that every evil villain has a cat, or that cold icy stare as you enter the room. How do you explain the cat demanding to be petted regardless of the fact that it is 3am and you were sound asleep. Or the fact they are conveniently under foot when you approach the stairs. Sir I put it to you that cats are a scourge, nay a blight upon nature and mankind. Firearms are not responsible for half of the deaths that cats are. As evidenced by this article. http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-21236690

I agree that banning guns will not solve violence issues in this or any other country, nor will restrictions that serve only to give the criminals the upper hand.

However ridding ourselves of the domestic cat menace will make us a better society and better people. :D

Seeing that you are from Vancouer, I can understand your attitude. My daughter is in Seattle and warned me about those Vancouver attitudes ! :)

The cat on my shoulder is indeed, just about the most evil one I've ever encountered. That's why I have to keep such a close watch on her !! :)

Seeing that you are from Vancouer, I can understand your attitude. My daughter is in Seattle and warned me about those Vancouver attitudes ! :)

The cat on my shoulder is indeed, just about the most evil one I've ever encountered. That's why I have to keep such a close watch on her !! :)[/QUOTE
Sir I respectfully disagree with your stance that the anti-cat crowd is somehow wrong. Yes I acknowledge that you have a cat in your avatar picture, however your misplaced trust of the cute furry feline will be your ultimate downfall. Cats are the embodiment of evil, self-centeredness, narcissism and indifference. How else would you explain that every evil villain has a cat, or that cold icy stare as you enter the room. How do you explain the cat demanding to be petted regardless of the fact that it is 3am and you were sound asleep. Or the fact they are conveniently under foot when you approach the stairs. Sir I put it to you that cats are a scourge, nay a blight upon nature and mankind. Firearms are not responsible for half of the deaths that cats are. As evidenced by this article. http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-21236690

I agree that banning guns will not solve violence issues in this or any other country, nor will restrictions that serve only to give the criminals the upper hand.

However ridding ourselves of the domestic cat menace will make us a better society and better people. :D

Also some people prefer a pet that doesn't suck up to you 24/7 like a dog... :D

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

The cat on my shoulder is indeed, just about the most evil one I've ever encountered. That's why I have to keep such a close watch on her !! :)
Which Vancouver, the older one in WA or the pretender to the north?

Oh yes, we have seven cats, three of which are Japanese Bobtails. The others are rescues.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Most cats we've ever had is 5 at once. 4 of them were Turkish Angora adopted adults. I loved them all. We're down to two now, and unlikely to drop below that or go above it anytime soon. My daughter likens Vancouver to Fargo , I think largely because when you "draw out" the name the "COOOOOOVER" can be decidedly amusing. :)
Brent

CAT! The other white meat!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top