JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wifey's new LC9 had the rear sight come loose when she went to clean it a week after a shoot!? Hasn't been dropped or abused, it would be considered new. 100 rounds or less been put through it and the rear sight started sliding side to side. I've got the right size allen wrench but I'm not sure I'm good enough with the gun, with the long pull and all and my larger man hands to get it where it needs to be if I went to a range. Someone on the other thread mentioned $40.00 to install sights? Seems it ought to be a warantee thing, maybe? 'Spose I should contact the shop or Ruger, bought the gun at a show in PDX and the shop was fron Albany....Hope the $20.00 savings was worth it!

Mike

if it was mine I would just center the rear sight in the channel and snug it down. I'm almost positive that that is what they did at the factory. I'm sure that they don't spend the time to sight in a short barrel defensive weapon.

after you center it up take the wife to the range and have her shoot it and if the trigger is long she will probably shoot low and left if she's a rightie then you could move the sights to compensate if you like

just my perspective, best of luck

I would add a bit of blue locktite once you're sure have it where you want it. Doesn't seem like its really worth the hassle to drive anywhere for that one. Plus you can get it where you want it that way.

I am no expert but my thoughts are the same. Center the sight and snug up the set screws. I personally would add Locktite to the threads so they don't loosen up again. I don't feel the LC9 is a long range pistol so at the range test it to no more than 10 yards and your good to go. Good luck,
Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads