JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If I had only got off my lazy butt and got down to the city council meeting on fluoridation of our water supply, maybe our wacko little boy loving mayor and the rest of the city that works council wouldn't have decided to add poison to our water supply. Er...actually the whole city could have shown up and they would have still vote the same because since when does the Portland city council ever do what the public wants. What I consider inalienable rights to choose how we medicate ourselves and our children has been stripped. I'm so glad we get to spend another 5 million bucks on equipment no one wants.

<broken link removed>

Your profile says you're from Hillsboro, If that is indeed the case then you don't have to worry about fluoridation in your water or the cost savings associated with investing in optimizing fluoridation levels.

Sorry bout the miss-post...

Right. Why shouldn't I be bother at being forced to drink it. Generally speaking it's one of the most poisonous substances known to man. It builds up it the human body similar to mercury. You people with white spots on your teeth know what I'm talking about. It has no internal benefit to humans, only topical on our teeth so why ingest it? I'm sitting at my desk with a big cup of coffee brewed with our wonderful bull run water. WHAT ABOUT THE BEER? AAH Not the beer!

I don't care! :s0013:

And the OP's post relates to firearms how?

I will defend Smiddy's right to post here about the topic, because (as was graciously pointed out to me on the other flouride thread when I was of the same expressed opinion as DeenAd), this is an "off topic" forum category.

As for the issue itself, I will once again point out that opponents to flouridation are very often much more emotional in their responses than those who support flouridation. In seeking facts regarding the issue, I find such emotional contributions to be an obstacle to my efforts to learn. My life experience tells me that persons emotional about an issue are very often obstructed by such emotion themselves in their effort to supply good information to support their point of view.

My life experience also tells me that my teeth are in MUCH better condition as a result of flouridation throughout my youth when compared to persons less than half my age who were raised without it.

My educational background (anthropology) tells me that dental failure is the single most crucial health concern that directly limited human life expectancy to an average of only 35-40 years until just a very short time ago in our history on this planet.

I'm not as educated as lotsa folks, so this is probly a stoopid question. Doesn't the City of Portland (for all intents and purposes) "own" the water they sell to the public? So wouldn't that make it "their" water, not "our" water? I mean, if you don't want to drink fluoride, buy your water from someone else? Sounds like alotta folks causing a big foofaraw ta me.

My educational background (anthropology) tells me that dental failure is the single most crucial health concern that directly limited human life expectancy to an average of only 35-40 years until just a very short time ago in our history on this planet.

Thanks for the support, the thread was actually moved here to Off topic. This statement is as true as they get. The number one medical advancement of the last 30 years that has extended our life span is dentistry. Not heart surgeons; dentists. I will not dispute this incredible thing they have done to better our lives. But fluoride isn't the only contributor. And I'm not saying fluoride isn't good for our teeth. I just prefer to limit it to my toothpaste and mouthwash that I spit out afterwards.

Found the "official" fluoride thread. I should get on here more. I miss this place sometimes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top