JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man it sure would be nice to have a "spare parts" section on the forum where people could post extra parts they have lying around and people could post requests for small parts. I am not talking about buying, selling, or trading but instead just a data base of nearly worthless pieces that others could add to and pull from. Stuff that could fit in an envelope and be in a new home where they are needed for the price of a postage stamp.

I know when I have to order a small $0.95 piece from a magazine or website I end up getting a few of them just to justify the shipping costs. That always leaves me with spare parts that often hang around for years before getting misplaced.

Basically, offer something up for free...and someone takes it, and they offer up things as well.

As long as people don't take advantage of it, and keep taking without giving things up...I don't have a problem with it.

Will discuss with the Admin.

Basically, offer something up for free...and someone takes it, and they offer up things as well.

As long as people don't take advantage of it, and keep taking without giving things up...I don't have a problem with it.

Will discuss with the Admin.
Pretty much...but people would also be able to start threads like "I need a cylinder stop for a S&W m60" or "I need a trigger stop for a S&W m67" and if anyone has one they can chime in and offer one up. :)

People could even post threads like "I am ordering some *insert piddly part name here* and I am ordering a couple extra. Does anyone else need one?"

Pretty much...but people would also be able to start threads like "I need a cylinder stop for a S&W m60" or "I need a trigger stop for a S&W m67" and if anyone has one they can chime in and offer one up. :)

Actually we already have a section for that in the classifieds area, it's called "Parts & Accessories"

Start a thread with what you're looking for, or chime in with what you have.

I just posted a "Need" in the accessories section, put it under the "WTB-WA" prefix because I don't expect to get what I need for free.

I can see how PlayboyPenguin is thinking though, and understand the concept behind it. A guy has a widget, or needs a widget... something that's only worth a few bucks tops, maybe less than postage to send it.
Better to just give it away than screw around with a buck or two... and you can call it a "Karma Bump". :s0114:

I see there's a "FREE" prefix to use... I suppose that would be a place to list what you have.
I don't know how it would work though to list what you want... as value is in the eye of the guy with the parts.
I guess if what you need and what someone has is worth a few bucks (to them) and that's what they want for it... at least you know someone has what you're looking for and it's not going to break the bank.

I spend a lot of time on off-road motorcycle forums, and generally, if someone needs something (usually for a bike thats hard to get parts for) and they post it... there will be replies ranging from I have a new one for $XXX, to I have a decent used one for the cost of shipping it to you.

Ciao,
C

Cool, maybe it could just be the addition of a "can anyone spare" to the classifieds. The reason I would rather see it be a "I need" kind of thing instead of an " I have, does anyone want" thing is because certain types of people would just snatch up every free thing offered if it was the later. We all know what I mean if you have spent much time on gun forums. :)

Maybe some kind of "order share" thing would help.

as example: I need a small part for a Vaquero, but I don't want to order just one item and pay $5.95 shipping on a $2.85 part. But if I share my order with other members and we all order our parts together we can split the cost of shipping.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top