JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep "Kits" for all my most used, most likely to be used Rifles and Pistols!
For my SHTF rifles, I have 2" ABS pipe capped on both ends with spar parts like springs, pistons, firing pins, and with the FAL, or the AR's spare bolt and parts as well as all the armorers tools and a spare barrel! I also keep spare mags sealed in plastic bags with moisture absorbents.
Pistols are pretty much the same idea, spar springs, firing pins, extractors, and mag release/catches.
I also keep "Mag Kits" with springs and followers and floor plates for those that seem to need such parts.
Lastly, for the SHTF, I have a complete hand reloading set up in a possables bag so that if I had to, I could reload what I have!

I keep "Kits" for all my most used, most likely to be used Rifles and Pistols!
For my SHTF rifles, I have 2" ABS pipe capped on both ends with spar parts like springs, pistons, firing pins, and with the FAL, or the AR's spare bolt and parts as well as all the armorers tools and a spare barrel! I also keep spare mags sealed in plastic bags with moisture absorbents.
Pistols are pretty much the same idea, spar springs, firing pins, extractors, and mag release/catches.
I also keep "Mag Kits" with springs and followers and floor plates for those that seem to need such parts.
Lastly, for the SHTF, I have a complete hand reloading set up in a possables bag so that if I had to, I could reload what I have!
I've been wanting to do this as well. Not sure where to start.

I would get all the parts ordered ASAP and start building from there! Once you know about how big you need to make your storage pipes, then it's easy to make them! I even put spare optics away like this!

I agree with edslhead! Get a gun, and if it breaks a part just take your complete and working gun, take the part off of it, and put it in the gun with the broken part! Keep this up until there is nothing left of the second gun and then buy a third gun of the same make and model. MUCH better than buying some parts that are most likely to break and having a few spares!

I do keep parts, and screw assortments and such, but I also keep backup firearms and have consolidated calibers as well as arms to some extent.

One is none. :cool:

I have few sets of gas rings, spare firing pins, cam pins, extractor rebuild kits and a few complete BCGs. Some spare buffers and buffer springs as well. I also have few Anderson oops kits and have few lower parts kits but need buy few more lower receivers.

I agree, keep known consumables on hand. As well as known maintenance items. Otherwise, having multiple of the same arm, well that just satisfies my OCD. Any EDC, has a duplicate, tucked away, untouched. Just in case...

I think I might have a real illness with it comes to small arms :-(

I saw this a while back...it looks like something that would just lead to more rifle builds...

I ordered one of these cases.Huge number of small part holders.

31F453CB-2509-4EFD-8FCD-322D4CB190DF.jpeg 97B7B7CA-FF6C-4152-86F4-A8EF5A5119BD.jpeg 2B937B00-FC6F-4398-8724-23865BEA5290.jpeg

California passed AB879 which will require "firearm precursor parts" to be serial numbered and subject to background checks at an FFL or state-licensed "precursor parts vendor."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top