JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm Basque, and like any self-respecting Basco I'm fanatical about my heritage. I recently came across a Star BM and would like to add to the collection. Anyone have a Star pistol, or a Ruby or anything else from the Eibar region, that you'd like to sell or trade? Let me know what you've got!

Welcome to Star collecting. I have a number of them (none for sale at the moment) and truly enjoy them. They are well-made and very good ergonomically. If you are very serious about them, you should acquire a copy of Leonardo M. Antaris' book "Star Firearms". It is almost big enough to qualify as a coffee-table book, has lots of history and production information and some great photos. It is the definitive reference for Stars. You can usually find it for sale on GunBroker and if you ask you can get your copy signed by the author.
The BM is a nice gun. Good carry size. Is yours a retired police/military or civilian??
Quality-wise be careful of guns made the last two or three years of production (1995-1997). Things had started going downhill for the company and the quality followed.
In thinking about it, I may have a Modelo Super I would be willing to sell. Let me look them over and see.
Keep your eyes open for 9mm Largo ammunition. A lot of the older Stars are chambered for it and it is a little hard to find. Some very slight modification to the chamber will allow you to shoot .38 Super in them though some people say not to. I know several that have done so without incident. If you look at the specs of the two calibers they aren't much different pressure-wise and the Stars are much better quality than some of the other guns chambered for the Largo round.
Good luck and let me know if you are interested in a Modelo Super.

Thanks for the info! I'll pass on the Modelo Super- I'd like to stick to 9x19- although I'd love an Astra 680. I appreciate the offer though.

Right now my BM is in rough shape. It was badly worn when I got it. I tried to Duracoat it but I'm not happy how it came out so I'm thinking of having it professionally Cerakoated. I'm not sure if it's police of civilian. It's got plenty of markings on it though! I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

Did not offer mine as it is a "War Trophy" that was a Nazi Officer's boot pistol carried through entire war ( And perhaps from Spain prior) & surrendered to friends Father who captured him in the Bulge .

Likely value $225 to $275. Bought mine for $275 in very nice condition with original box.
to OP; On your BM if there are three letters on the RH side of the slide it is probably a police pistol. If there are two matching numbers on the right side, one on the slide and one on the frame it is probably military. Note that those numbers will NOT match the serial number on the butt.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.