Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

WTS OR Spanish Mauser 1916 Short Rifle (7.62 X 51)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossbow5

Reactions
Feedback
4 / 0 / 0
This is a Spanish Model 1916 that was rearsenaled by Spain to 7.62 X 51 NATO. The serial numbers on the receiver, bolt and the trigger-guard assembly all match on this rifle. The stock does have an arsenal repair at the wrist. This rifle is in very good condition. These rifles were tested by the H. P. White Laboratory, Inc. back in the 1980's when they were imported from Spain. Includes the information reprint from Guns & Ammo Magazine from 1987, an original sling and muzzle cover. Price is $250. Buyer pays transfer fees.
Spanish mauser 006.JPG
Spanish mauser 007.JPG
Spanish mauser 008.JPG
Spanish mauser 009.JPG
Spanish mauser 010.JPG
Spanish mauser 011.JPG
Spanish mauser 012.JPG
Spanish mauser 013.JPG
Spanish mauser 014.JPG
Spanish mauser 015.JPG
Spanish mauser 016.JPG

OP
C

crossbow5

Reactions
Feedback
4 / 0 / 0
According to Robert Ball's 5th edition of "Mauser Military Rifles of the World", these rifles were rebuilt from existing rifles and rebarreled to 7.62 NATO/CETME in the 1960's at Oviedo. There is no crest on the receiver. It looks as if the crest was scrubbed and re-blued.

Reactions: GOG
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online