1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

spam ?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by pokerace, May 16, 2012.

1. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

Got this in an email. I'm sure its spam..

Scott Doniger <scott@sostravel.net>

I am looking for some specific Beretta’s and wanted to see if you had them. I got your email from the ATF FFL list and some compiled email lists, so this isn’t spam, just me trying to find certain models. Hope not to have bothered you, and you won’t receive any more emails from me.

92 Combat or Combat Combo
    92 Stock
    92 Steel I
    470th Anniversary

Or other limited models

Please let me know if you have them… They are out of production, so Beretta doesn’t have them either…

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Looks like a fishing expedition to me. I would delete it or block it with your spam filter and not respond to it.
  3. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

A good indication of spam is if they go out of their way to state "this isn't spam"
  4. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Actually, this statement isn't true. Just because your email may have been on some lists doesn't make it legal to send. We've been schooled in "spam" from my workplace (large bank) and ANY non-solicited email UNLESS coming from someone you have a direct relationship with (bought something from them, signed up for their email list, etc.) it is spam. Someone can't legally buy an email list and then send you email and claim it isn't spam. You have no direct relationship with them, it is spam. Even if it is only addressed to you and not some bulk list, it is spam.

If you want to take the time and effort to do it, you can go after them for damages that are spelled out in the law. But most of the time it isn't worth the hassle.