JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Convenient" is a term that has some flexible personal meaning. However, some other options for long term storage that might work for you. You may already know all this, if so, I apologize.

1st) The great folks at Lucky Gunner sell them sealed up in an Oxygen free can of 30 rounds, 20 per case so 600 total. There are others periodically that have it as well.

518a4c362015fb8419244b9b8121d381.jpg

I think you could submerge that can in a local creek,. pull it out a few years later, and have perfect ammo. It's designed to outlive you. http://www.luckygunner.com/5-56x45mm-62-gr-m855-fresh-fire-federal-30-rounds-1

Next up is battle packs. Here's some PPU (PPU = Serbia), but they're not the only game in town.

ab6c48d81659f2d955b527115a7272b4.jpg

3rd) I saw this Australian Defense force 5.56 ammo for a decent price someplace not long back (I think it was Cabellas) and the unique packaging stuck with me. I almost bought some, but I need more 5.56 ammo like I need hemorrhoids. The wife already can't get to the freezer, so I passed:

adi556can1.jpg

And of course Federal has packaged and sealed in regular ammo cans (brand new ones, great seals) as noted upthread:
Federal_XM855LC_Stripper_Clips.jpg

I got some that have lead seals on the opening, so you know that they are factory fresh. There may be more I don't know of, maybe someone can post it up if so.

Good luck!!

"Convenient" is a term that has some flexible personal meaning. However, some other options for long term storage that might work for you. You may already know all this, if so, I apologize.

1st) The great folks at Lucky Gunner sell them sealed up in an Oxygen free can of 30 rounds, 20 per case so 600 total. There are others periodically that have it as well.

View attachment 262473

I think you could submerge that can in a local creek,. pull it out a few years later, and have perfect ammo. It's designed to outlive you. http://www.luckygunner.com/5-56x45mm-62-gr-m855-fresh-fire-federal-30-rounds-1

Next up is battle packs. Here's some PPU (PPU = Serbia), but they're not the only game in town.

View attachment 262474

3rd) I saw this Australian Defense force 5.56 ammo for a decent price someplace not long back (I think it was Cabellas) and the unique packaging stuck with me. I almost bought some, but I need more 5.56 ammo like I need hemorrhoids. The wife already can't get to the freezer, so I passed:

View attachment 262475

And of course Federal has packaged and sealed in regular ammo cans (brand new ones, great seals) as noted upthread:
View attachment 262476

I got some that have lead seals on the opening, so you know that they are factory fresh. There may be more I don't know of, maybe someone can post it up if so.

Good luck!!

Thanks! exactly the kind of options I was looking for.

Anyone tried one of those vacuum sealers they use for bagging meat?:D

Yes but you have to make sure the tips are away from the bag because they "WILL POKE A HOLE IN THE BAG"!!! Don't ask me how I know...... :eek::eek::eek:
Yeah, this works great if you take the time to arrange the boolits in a manner that keeps the tips hidden.:p

Works great with loaded magazines too!!!!;)

I have mine in stripper clips that I've put into cardboard folders. A while back some one posted a template for the folders and I made up a bunch. I bought the stripper clips for .223 & 7.62x39 on e-bay.:D

That Vacuum sealer has been sitting in a cupboard for the last couple of years. :rolleyes:
Think I'll give her a try tomorrow.;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top