JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep. Grow it and love it. Perfect healthy alternative to pasta. It really looks and cooks like pasta even though you bake it instead of boiling it. Only downside is that it and pumpkin vines do take up a lot of garden and yard space and so it is not a vegetable for compact gardens.

Last Edited:
Squash bugs love it (the plants) and so do I. Our crop two years ago was decimated by the little ()(%%%^s. Past summer we did not plant any but had two lovely volunteer plants with at least two dozen squash. They do need space unless you get them on some type of a vertical device (trellis).

I love sketti skwash.... but no, it aint busketti. Doesn't taste like busketti... tastes like skwash. It's good, but don't be thinkin it will perfectly replace pasta... that's a cardinal sin! Kinda like thinkin a veggie burger patty will replace 93/7 burg!! :eek:

Squash bugs love it (the plants) and so do I. Our crop two years ago was decimated by the little ()(%%%^s. Past summer we did not plant any but had two lovely volunteer plants with at least two dozen squash. They do need space unless you get them on some type of a vertical device (trellis).

I won't have as much room in our new location, so I will be trying to grow it vertically. Probably some type of teepee stick structure.

https://growingarden.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/pumpkins-vert.jpg

Couple other recent favorites: Hubbard, Salmon River, and Delicata. 1st 2 are usually largish globe shape, the 3rd much smaller 3-4" diameter x 16" long, more or less.

I don't have it as much as I'd like right now.

Something I didn't eat as a child but have forced myself to expand my horizons and open up to other foods.

Yep. Grow it and love it. Perfect healthy alternative to pasta. It really looks and cooks like pasta even though you bake it instead of boiling it. Only downside is that it and pumpkin vines do take up a lot of garden and yard space and so it is not a vegetable for compact gardens.

We pressure cook ours. Be sure to cut a slit in the shell. Sometimes it bursts in the pressure cooker. Didn't hurt anything, just made the cooker jump and scared the crap out of us.

I like to roast it, then gut it and sautee the strands with mushrooms, onion and bell pepper (sometimes sausage too). Put the mix back in the shell and sprinkle with Parmesan, then it goes back in the oven to melt the cheese.

I like to roast it, then gut it and sautee the strands with mushrooms, onion and bell pepper (sometimes sausage too). Put the mix back in the shell and sprinkle with Parmesan, then it goes back in the oven to melt the cheese.

OH NOO!! That sounds TOO good.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads