JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, the movie was meant as a parody of the book. The fact that few people understand that shows how poorly it failed at that - most people think it is just a poorly done adaptation of the book.

I wish somebody would do a good adaptation of "Tunnel in the sky".
Read once that it was a parody...and the the director did not like the book , or even fully read it.

A big yes to a good movie adaptation of Tunnel in the Sky....:D
Andy

I actually owned one of those (without the flamboyant grip) was a pretty solid knife, handled field dressing tasks and other utility tasks very well.

as a combat knife my training lends itself to a traditional clip point 7" knife, so this design would be awkward given my muscle memory for the training.

Edit: forgot to insert the appropriate quote, I was referring to the link from @BrandonOR

Damn...forgot that one...loved the book , not too keen on the movie.
Andy
I've read the book, haven't seen the movie. I remember my father and my two younger brothers watched it in the theaters. I was helping the family on their land when they came back from said. Little brothers loved it, while my father said it was ... eh, I'll go with "caca", to keep it clean. The report, which was much more earthy than what I just said, kept me away from watching the picture. :s0165:

I've read the book, haven't seen the movie. I remember my father and my two younger brothers watched it in the theaters. I was helping the family on their land when they came back from said. Little brothers loved it, while my father said it was ... eh, I'll go with "caca", to keep it clean. The report, which was much more earthy than what I just said, kept me away from watching the picture. :s0165:
Yep....caca works well... :D
The movie focused on the fighting , ignored all the Heinlein wisdom and generally was awful.
Andy

Yep....caca works well... :D
The movie focused on the fighting , ignored all the Heinlein wisdom and generally was awful.
Andy
Not even close to the book on any count . Character names are about the only link. Even having the bugs as enemies, but no skinnies if a massive departure.
However, it's an awesome campy blood soaked instant cult classic that I love. My wife and I watched it at the theater on new release week, and have watched it at least 2 or 3 times a year since then (1997?)

Not even close to the book on any count . Character names are about the only link. Even having the bugs as enemies, but no skinnies if a massive departure.
However, it's an awesome campy blood soaked instant cult classic that I love. My wife and I watched it at the theater on new release week, and have watched it at least 2 or 3 times a year since then (1997?)
Well I am glad that someone enjoyed it... :D
Andy

I can see it now, hand to hand combat in their space suits,

First soldier: "Help! I can't reach my knife! Quick, grab it"
Second soldier: "I can't! My gloves are too thick."

Meanwhile the enemy combatants are dying of affixation from laughing too hard..

Its a guilty pleasure movie for sure. I can try to defend it with with forthright emotional and nostalgic arguments but cinematographically ........ Would be much more difficult.

download (1).jpeg

just because 'gun folks' have already decided this knife is silly and nobody should waste their money on one, is reason enough for me to want one.

Garish knives are red hot sellers. I've bought several sets of knives from TV over the years, just to resell them, and the most ridiculous fantasy knives are the first ones to sell. There's a bunch of knife collectors that love this stuff.

And best I can tell, they are all sold out from the sources I've Googled.

Last Edited:
Having the first knife issued at the beginning of America's Space Force is going to be a real collectable. I won't live long enough to see the profit but my family will if I can buy one.

Having the first knife issued at the beginning of America's Space Force is going to be a real collectable. I won't live long enough to see the profit but my family will if I can buy one.
To be clear, this isn't an issue knife. It is more of a "commemorative", but more along the lines of the "zombie" ammo put out by Hornady.

I kind of doubt that the Space Farce will even have a standard issue knife, given their mission.

To be clear, this isn't an issue knife. It is more of a "commemorative", but more along the lines of the "zombie" ammo put out by Hornady.

I kind of doubt that the Space Farce will even have a standard issue knife, given their mission.
I am guessing they will have a custom survival knife if the current administration doesn't get rid of the space force. Still I would love to own the commemorative for its historical value. :s0093:

My father took me to see that one in the theaters when it came out. Old Mother Dearest was not too keen.....I was born in 91 :s0114: . Pretty sure he slept on the couch that night.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top