JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have a sp101? I'm wondering if this crane/frame fitment on my sp101 is typical or do I have an issue here. Everything else seems fine..... lockup, end shake and timing are OK but this gap seems excessive to me. Any thoughts? Thanks.
20200921_125630.jpg

Going from memory, too lazy to dig it out, I think the gp100 has a raised ground square flat on the frame that the crane actually stops against?

While I love my Rugers, especially for their strength, they are not the finest finished firearms. The gap in the pic shown looks to me like a cosmetic flaw, nothing more. On my Ruger 77MKII the front corner on the receiver on one side has a much tighter radius than the other side.
On this SP101, the line of the shoulder on the front of the frame below the barrel flows into the small section of shoulder on the front of the crane and it's obvious that line is not consistent and straight. I'd say this is the result of the crane being finished separately from the frame and is also the cause of the inconsistent gap.
Inkedgap_LI.jpg

Last Edited:
Just checked and my gp does have a raised block with a machined face on the frame where it mates with the crane. I'd imagine the "gap" where the contact is actually made is close to zero.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top