JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

My name is Jess and I live in Washougal. Not a native PNW'er, moved here from Montana about 20 years ago.

Mostly into varmint hunting and target shooting. Salmon fishing and dirt bike riding also help keep me in the poor house.

My favorite guns:
Franklin AR in .17 WSM (love this gun and the caliber)
Ruger #1 in 22-250 (I'm a lefty)
S&W model 57 .41 mag 6"
Rock island FS HC 10mm 16 rd (new and on its way)

Anyway, I'm new and looking forward to distracting myself from work by reading your posts.....

Owning a Smith and Wesson, Model 57 and a Ruger #1, in .22-250, does show a certain amount of Class which really isn't required to hangout here! So, Welcome. KKG:):):)

Hello all,

My name is Jess and I live in Washougal. Not a native PNW'er, moved here from Montana about 20 years ago.

Mostly into varmint hunting and target shooting. Salmon fishing and dirt bike riding also help keep me in the poor house.

My favorite guns:
Franklin AR in .17 WSM (love this gun and the caliber)
Ruger #1 in 22-250 (I'm a lefty)
S&W model 57 .41 mag 6"
Rock island FS HC 10mm 16 rd (new and on its way)

Anyway, I'm new and looking forward to distracting myself from work by reading your posts.....

Great place to relax and get great info. Welcome!!

Howdy Jess and welcome aboard. I've been through Washougal a few times; there is some nice country in those parts.

Very nice on the Model 57. I'm not familiar with the .17 WSM, but having just Googled it, I'm now curious. What do you use your rifle in said for?

Howdy Jess and welcome aboard. I've been through Washougal a few times; there is some nice country in those parts.

Very nice on the Model 57. I'm not familiar with the .17 WSM, but having just Googled it, I'm now curious. What do you use your rifle in said for?

Sage rats, rock chucks, coyotes....its a great round. Very flat shooting and really does a number on varmints. My son has a ruger 77/17WSM as well.

Sage rats, rock chucks, coyotes....its a great round. Very flat shooting and really does a number on varmints. My son has a ruger 77/17WSM as well.

Sounds good. I used to hunt varmints and, when the schedule finally settles down, I shall resume said in the form of coyote hunting. The only .17 I have any experience with is the .17 Remington. The project gun for said resumption that I've been working on is a .223 Remington. However, I am intrigued about the .17 WSM now. Thanks for the info. :)

Waiting for background check on the 10mm, will post pics when I get it.

The model 57 is my only Smith currently. I had a model 629 44 mag, but gave it to my son.

The 17 wsm is an amazing round. If you shoot one, you will buy one.

upload_2017-10-29_19-5-45.jpeg

Geeze, Montana to Washington!
Hope the culture shock, lack of sun, and politicks don't give you the rickets.
This will be a nice place to keep your head straight when you feel you are loosing it.
Välkommen

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads