JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last Edited:
There is a flea market in the triangle east of the Fairgrounds. There is some ammo and accessories for sale there. I bought some 22 LR there on my way from the gun show. In Grants Pass

Yep in Jacksonville there are actual mines under some homes from the basements and under shops.
There is still lots of gold down there.

I used to do a lot of gun/ammo business with a guy who lived in Jacksonville, and every time I went to his house, I had to cross this LONG SINKING area in his lawn.:(:(

I asked him why it was sinking like that, and he said "Oh, there's an old mine shaft down there".......:cool::confused:.no big deal to him, but I always felt I might fall into it every time I crossed it:(:D

I used to do a lot of gun/ammo business with a guy who lived in Jacksonville, and every time I went to his house, I had to cross this LONG SINKING area in his lawn.:(:(

I asked him why it was sinking like that, and he said "Oh, there's an old mine shaft down there".......:cool::confused:.no big deal to him, but I always felt I might fall into it every time I crossed it:(:D
Well, if you did fall in the mine you might strike it rich!

If any of you want to be on a "S. Oregon NWFA list", so we can share info, deals, gun selling, etc. (as long as it's OK with Joe), let me know via "conversations" with your email add. and we can go from there.

I know there are a few places to clean up, I have a few guns/reloading bullets, etc that I can share with those who live close, etc.

I'm not putting my email address here because I want the same privacy as you do, so nothing is shared with anyone w/o YOUR permission first.

Hope to hear from some/all of you.:cool::D:cool:

Craig

Hey Craig, looks like you do have some company! I'd be there too, if it wasn't for SOMEONE thinking THIS was home! (Grew up in Klamath and that's HOME to me. BUTT, I'll be bauck!)

Let me know when and where you want to do a clean up and I'll help get the word out with a schedule, sign up sheet and may be even a caravan of NWFA folks to come down and help out. Ya never know.

Have fun with your new Buds!

Bill

This post is nothing more than a blatant attempt to make sure you "local" kids see my ads. :rolleyes:
Thinning a little bit of stuff out to finance a 4 speed conversion for the hot rod. Well, that and I just ordered a 77/22 Magnum with a mannlicher stock.
Look at my profile and check "my postings".:)

Reading about people gold mining. That is something I have always wanted to do, but never known anyone who does it or can tell me how to get into it. Talked to one guy who was dredging using an a-frame and pole to move the hose around. I told him that I have done hosed air dives before and offered to do it in exchange for teaching me about the methods of processing the material. He basically told me to bubblegum off and his method was better than having someone in the water.

Btw, I think there is a gun show in Roseburg at the fairgrounds this weekend.

Reading about people gold mining. That is something I have always wanted to do, but never known anyone who does it or can tell me how to get into it. Talked to one guy who was dredging using an a-frame and pole to move the hose around. I told him that I have done hosed air dives before and offered to do it in exchange for teaching me about the methods of processing the material. He basically told me to bubblegum off and his method was better than having someone in the water.

Well Find a place in the river where the water is fast and then suddenly slows way down and also behind big rocks and things and dig the gravel out and put it in a pan, and do a sideways dance until all the stuff is out of the pan except the gold :D LOL

My father-in-law lived in Merlin. He had a few claims over south of Galice and one north of GP a ways. The three of us and a buddy of dads went to some public panning areas, Graves Creek I believe. Man-O-Man, I loved doing that! A little trowel and a table spoon, fractured bedrock. Pick the dirt out from the cracks and pan it....Little flakes of GOLD appear! If I lived there they be hoisting my bent over body off the river bank to get it into the ambulance! It was fun and really wrecked my back.

There's a bit of a learning curve as to how to get the lighter material out of the pan, leaving the gold, but if are somewhat mechanically inclined it's not too difficult.

Gun show in roseburg was uneventful. 22lr was .10-.12 per round, 7.62x54r was $8-$10 per 20 at the few tables that had it. Best "deal" I saw was a 91/30 for $140.
I was quietly hoping that one of the dealers may have had the DPMS Hunter G2 .308 or atleast some info. I was surprised that none of them had any BC flip open scope covers, need a 16, 48, and whatever size would have fit my scout scope.

Last Edited:
Two of the three Jackson Co commissioners signed the <broken link removed> proclaiming opposition to the expansion of background checks for the purchase of firearms today. <broken link removed>
:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top