JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was June 23 I handed them the funds, with receipt. But, I'm not necessarily comfortable with that.

I already called SSG and asked. They don't necessarily have any definitive answers?

Questions
1) How do I know the shop filed for the stamp at time of purchase?
2) What proof is there for my reassurance?
3) Is there any way to know (find out) what's going on via SS regarding my suppressor purchase? IE: Order #?

All I know is, I chose, I paid, and was photo'd and fingerprinted.
I got the (besides the wait) first time buyer "someone tell me something" tracking blues.

Any input might make the process easier to relax!! :confused:

Google search "Olympic Cerakote ", their previous business name. Pay attention to AR15.com threads. The dude took payment on supressors and didn't submit paperwork for 18 months.....customers contacted the BATFE. People complaining of no communication. There is even stuff on this website about them....under Olympic Cerakote.

Ahh chryst o_O

All I've done through them have been transfers. And to think I was guided there by a well known member of NWFA :(

I called and referenced the -FB, and let them know I wasn't feeling much at ease of it all.
The guy I spoke with said SS didn't have the 45M in-stock, so they went through RSR?
He assured me everything was already sent in-to the ATF, and waiting on the form3 to get sent back.

Right now I'm chomping on the bit.

I called and referenced the -FB, and let them know I wasn't feeling much at ease of it all.
The guy I spoke with said SS didn't have the 45M in-stock, so they went through RSR?
He assured me everything was already sent in-to the ATF, and waiting on the form3 to get sent back.

Right now I'm chomping on the bit.

I just realized something. If you paid for all that and they say "its out of stock", that MEANS NOTHING WAS SUBMITTED BECAUSE YOU NEED A SERIAL NUMBER!

I know another guy that is in the same area that became an FFL and suppressor dealer because of SSG. If you want his info, PM me.

I just realized something. If you paid for all that and they say "its out of stock", that MEANS NOTHING WAS SUBMITTED BECAUSE YOU NEED A SERIAL NUMBER!

I know another guy that is in the same area that became an FFL and suppressor dealer because of SSG. If you want his info, PM me.
Appreciate that, NR. I was told they'll get hold of RSR Group to find out what's going on, then they'll email me. I'll stay on hold with that..for the time being to see how it plays out until this Friday. Live and learn. Hey, the forum is here to ask, if I'd caught this info sooner regarding NFA and SSG, I'd been money ahead!!
And time!!

I was told if I wasn't happy with the feedback regarding their practices, I can get a refund.
HOPE TO SHOUT!!!

Appreciate that, NR. I was told they'll get hold of RSR Group to find out what's going on, then they'll email me. I'll stay on hold with that..for the time being to see how it plays out until this Friday. Live and learn. Hey, the forum is here to ask, if I'd caught this info sooner regarding NFA and SSG, I'd been money ahead!!
And time!!

I was told if I wasn't happy with the feedback regarding their practices, I can get a refund.
HOPE TO SHOUT!!!

With the info provided by @No_Regerts I think I'd lean towards this ASAP.

All good. Serial of said received, forms signed (DocuSign) by all, accepted by the ATF.
Thanks for the input, everyone.

It was June 23 I handed them the funds, with receipt. But, I'm not necessarily comfortable with that.

I already called SSG and asked. They don't necessarily have any definitive answers?

Questions
1) How do I know the shop filed for the stamp at time of purchase?
2) What proof is there for my reassurance?
3) Is there any way to know (find out) what's going on via SS regarding my suppressor purchase? IE: Order #?

All I know is, I chose, I paid, and was photo'd and fingerprinted.
I got the (besides the wait) first time buyer "someone tell me something" tracking blues.

Any input might make the process easier to relax!! :confused:
1--Pay by credit card -- You can look at your statement to see when the monies were paid to the ATF. Write that date down somewhere.
2-- Same as #1
3-- On your calendar a date 10+ months away. Forget about it until then. You have NO control in this, why stress out?

I've done this multiple times.

Thanks to a select few here, I was made aware of the process.
I forgot about it the day I signed the ATF forms.
My apparent and previous nervousness, it's called first-timers.
Regardless what anyone tells/told me ;)

Thanks to a select few here, I was made aware of the process.
I forgot about it the day I signed the ATF forms.
My apparent and previous nervousness, it's called first-timers.
Regardless what anyone tells/told me ;)
Suppressors are like tattoos. You get one and you tell yourself that's the only one you need! Then you think I need one for this other gun. And then......

As you say "Resistance is futile"!

Roger that!!
I already experience the symptom. The day after the feds cashed the stamp fee! The thoughts kicking around for another.
<<---- You snooze- YOU LOSE!
The time I wish I would've gotten in on the game (2/1) has long since passed.

Roger that!!
I already experience the symptom. The day after the feds cashed the stamp fee! The thoughts kicking around for another.
<<---- You snooze- YOU LOSE!
The time I wish I would've gotten in on the game (2/1) has long since passed.
I use my Chimera 300 on my Ruger PR (.308), I shoot my .22s suppressed, and 9s & 45s also. your 45 can should run on 22, 9, 45 and possibly 300 BO (but you definitely need to go on the website to verify) DO NOT exceed what they say.

Right. I read where people have/do use it for .22, just that-that round does make things dirtier is all.
And, up-to 300BO is only "recommended"
My plans are 9/45 for the 45M.
Something like the Liberty Mystic will likely come.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top