JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw it and do not agree with it. The government has no right to force you to purchase anything.
You might like it because it promotes gun ownership, but if this were to stand, where do does it stop.
What is then to stop them from requiring all teenage girls to purchase a vibrator?

I saw it and do not agree with it. The government has no right to force you to purchase anything.
You might like it because it promotes gun ownership, but if this were to stand, where do does it stop.
What is then to stop them from requiring all teenage girls to purchase a vibrator?

Interesting example. I agree with you though. This is along the lines of the government requiring that we purchase health insurance per ObamaCare. It's ridiculous.

It happened long ago, too.
----------------------------------------------
Militia act of 1792:

...That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia...

That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder;...

Teenage girls are not adults .... Just joking ... I love the ideea of a less intrusive government, don't get me wrong. But between forcing me to buy Obamacare or forcing me to buy a gun I would always go for the latter ...

But if they pass this, the law will say "firearm suitable to their temperament, physical capacity, and personal preference" ... which will give people a choice ... You can get a firearm, put a brake in the barrel, then a flower at the tip of the barrel ... and sing Hare Krishna ....

I wouldn't wanna be in any capacity that will force me to attack the SD citizens though after this law is enacted ... Do you know that in Switzerland all men mandatory go into the military and at the end of that they are given home the rifle they used (these days it's usually a SIG 556) during the military service? What kind of criminality rate do you think they have? Very low I bet ...

Hey and what's wrong with owning a vibrator? I bet that would be a some kind of weapon against the muslim terrorists ...

That's the point they are making! Just like Obamacare, the government is forcing you to purchase something - like it or not. Don't matter if it's a firearm, health care, or a feather boa, it is unconstitutional and has been ruled so in our courts as recently as this week. For some reason (ego?) Sht for Brains Obama can't comprehend the laws that rule our country.
South Dakota has always displayed copious sack. Back in the 1980s California wouldn't extradite a native American felon back to South Dakota. The Governor of SD answered back by giving convicted felons the option of moving to California vs serving jail time.

It's short sided people like the ones who wrote this bill who are perpetuate the idea that all gun owners are "gun nuts".

Freedom is a wonderful thing. If someone doesnt want to own a gun, they shouldnt have to.

You cannot promote freedom by taking it away. This bill is ludicrous and I do not support it.

That's the point they are making! Just like Obamacare, the government is forcing you to purchase something - like it or not. Don't matter if it's a firearm, health care, or a feather boa, it is unconstitutional and has been ruled so in our courts as recently as this week. For some reason (ego?) Sht for Brains Obama can't comprehend the laws that rule our country.
South Dakota has always displayed copious sack. Back in the 1980s California wouldn't extradite a native American felon back to South Dakota. The Governor of SD answered back by giving convicted felons the option of moving to California vs serving jail time.

So... They're trying to make a right with two wrongs... I'm pretty sure there's a saying about that.

"Let's put the general population at risk because we can't come to an agreement." That sort of dangerous and childish behavior isnt something to applaud.

So... They're trying to make a right with two wrongs... I'm pretty sure there's a saying about that.

"Let's put the general population at risk because we can't come to an agreement." That sort of dangerous and childish behavior isnt something to applaud.

You still don't get it. It is a spoof, a mockery, a silly example of a serious Liberal program that got shoved down our throats (or up your arse, depending on how you look at it).
Man, if you think they are serious you must have grown up in Portland.

You still don't get it. It is a spoof, a mockery, a silly example of a serious Liberal program that got shoved down our throats (or up your arse, depending on how you look at it).

And you must have grown up in Eugene to think that making a mockery of our legal system is a worth wile venture for our government.

If I want a spoof, a mockery, or a silly example, I'll go watch a comedy.
I want meaningful action from the government, not childish, wasteful, and damaging mockery.

And you must have grown up in Eugene to think that making a mockery of our legal system is a worth wile venture for our government.

If I want a spoof, a mockery, or a silly example, I'll go watch a comedy.
I want meaningful action from the government, not childish, wasteful, and damaging mockery.

Correct. The authors of the bill wrote it with tongue in cheek. They are mocking Obamacare. They know it will not be passed.

And you cannot see all that is wrong with that?
I cannot fathom how anyone could view this as positive.

These people are using tax payer dollars to make a mockery of our system and accomplish absolutely nothing. It makes obamacare look positively fruitful by comparison.

Obama's team will spend their time passing laws, we will spend our time and efforts mocking them.
In the end, they win.

Obama's team will spend their time passing laws, we will spend our time and efforts mocking them.
In the end, they win.

Well now we know who you voted for! I never said if I agreed or disagreed with the South Dakota proposal. Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I was just surprised you thought it was real. Take another hit of koolaide and type some more.

town in Georgia beat them to it by years think it was kennasa, Law requires every house to have a gun for protection. crime rate there is the LOWEST of any town it's size in the nation. The government requires you to buy police and fire protection and to support school systems you do not derive any benefit from. It is called taxes.

town in Georgia beat them to it by years think it was kennasa, Law requires every house to have a gun for protection. crime rate there is the LOWEST of any town it's size in the nation. The government requires you to buy police and fire protection and to support school systems you do not derive any benefit from. It is called taxes.

You cannot be serious with that argument. I hope that you can differentiate between requiring people to pay taxes and requiring people to buy an item.
Taxes by the way are part of the federal and most likely every state constitution.
Keep in mind that just because the government does something, it does not necessarily mean that it is constitutional.
What is even worse is that there is a history of cases that went to the Supreme Court and the judges arrived at the wrong conclusion on the constitutionality of the issue. Do a little reading about the case Wickard v. Filburn and if you are a sane person you will want to pull your hear out. That is some twisted logic.

Just as I don't want the government to force me to purchase health care that I cannot afford.. I don't want them forcing me or ANYONE else to buy ANYTHING they do not want or cannot afford. Federal government is one thing, as opposed to that city in Georgia that has an ordinance. Don't want it, then don't live there.. Although, with the towns wonderful setting, and such. I cannot imagine not wanting to live there if that is where you wanted to settle down. >.>

(I may be biased, I was born in Georgia)

So that's our tax money hard at work???
Them making a joke of the gov't? Oh well the rest of us are getting broke while they stay rich to throw a zinger at each other.

Have you been to SD? Not everyone there should have guns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top