JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello,

I am researching M24/47's and am wondering about realistic prices and places to source them. Gunbroker and Samco Global have M24's for roughly $230 - $270; for $249 Samco offers you a 'special select condition', whatever that really means. Then, of course, there is Mitchel's Mausers, with prices from $300 - $600. So, quite a price spread. Advice or concerns with these vendors? What grade of rifle do you get with the ~$250 rifle? What about the Mitchels?

Thanks and appreciate the advice.

DJM

M24/47's are sweet guns, I have two of them. The first one, I bought 10 years ago for $99 bucks, the stock was trashed, but I wanted to sport it out and didn't care. That one shoots 1-1/4" groups all day long (hand-loads). I picked up another one a couple years ago for $225, the stock is really good on this one, although drenched in cosmoline (the more the better). Firing pin wouldn't fire, too much cosmo inside. That one shoots 3" @ 100 with military sights and my old eyes. I think Yugos are the best deal going for mausers
right now. I have heard/read Samco's are as good as any out there but take a long time to ship (30-60 days), but have no personal experience with them. The Mitchells are refurbished to look new and are good shooters as well, but are overpriced and " force matched ". I have a M48a Mitchells that I picked up used about 6 years ago, good looking & good shooter also. The prices you stated are standard and not too bad considering what you get, it's a milsurp so expect some bruised and scratched wood and faded or scratched blueing, other than that, they perform admirably. classicfirearms.com libertytreecollectors.com and various auction sites Good Luck and keep us posted!

I concur with Tahoe2. The 24/47 is a fantastic shooter. Samco has the best price on them; even the cheapest one should be a good shooter. They do take a long time for delivery so it's a trade off. Mitchell's Mausers are overpriced and they are prettied up for the unknowing. They have no value as a collectible but if you want a pretty shooter they are fine. I picked up one last year at a gun show for $200 and love the hell out of it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top