JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New NRA-ILA resources from our new NRA-ILA Grassroots Field Coordinator:

Are you frustrated by all the anti-gun lies and astroturfing in Oregon? Are you afraid of what a Democratic super-majority might push through the Oregon legislature? Does Bloomberg and his millions of out-of-state dollars make you mad? Want to do something, but aren't quite sure what you can do about these things? Here's your chance. The Pacific Northwest now has its own grassroots NRA-ILA field coordinators. Want to help at gun shows? Want to show up at organized events? Want to write to and call your Oregon legislators?

All you need to do is visit this site:

www.nrailafrontlines.com

Also some short-cuts:

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
www.nrailafrontlines.com/volunteer

Be sure you register to vote.
This makes it easy.

<broken link removed>
Check out the volunteer area of our forum. See: Tillamook Forest Clean Up - and the newly launched thread from Cogs (Volunteer Coordinator); Target Shooters Information Program.

These are actions taken by real people in real time making a real contributions that can be extremely effective in enhancing the image of responsible gun owners, besides being a just a "good thing".

(my thoughts follow):

These efforts produce genuine change, in the most essential form of cooperative community activism.

Organized efforts focused on solving just one problem (at a time) together make us all stronger, and unified .

Simply put: here's some things we can latch onto when "all seems lost".

Ed

They may not have the votes to pass this abortion.
Write your representatives NOW!
Maybe they are concerned about downstream consequences....

Sent this one today

"Representative Fagan;

Your sponsorship of SB 941 crushed my opinion of you.
After the Clackamas town center shooting, you said you would propose a tax credit for citizens purchasing a gun safe.
Was an excellent idea to foster gun safety!
Had the owner of the stolen rifle used at the mall secured his rifle in a safe, the shooter wouldn't have had that rifle.
Didn't hear anything more about it, but my opinion of your thinking was up.

Every Memorial day for the past 20 years, my Marine buddy has borrowed my M1 service rifle to march in full uniform as a color guard.
My adult children borrow my guns when they want to target shoot at Douglas Ridge.
My friends new to hunting and target shooting have borrowed my guns to get their feel before buying their own guns.
I have secured my guns in a Cannon vault safe since before it was fashionable, 1979.

I am a law abiding citizen, but if your bill passes, you will move the line between lawful and criminal.
I won't have moved, but SB941 and your actions will have moved it.
I am one of many law abiding citizens that think this way.
If you vote against this bill, my opinion of you will rise by leaps and bounds.
If you vote for this bill, I will remember you.

Sincerely
Rick Benjamin
Damascus, Oregon 97089"

Write these folks also! They may swing the vote!

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Please read the 10 things to do in 2014 if you want to fight for your 2nd Amendment rights

Ten things to do and watch for in 2014 - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

<broken link removed>
Something to take from this article.

Attend the "town hall" meetings in your district when these people come begging for your support, and be wary of any candidate or incumbent who says, "I support the Second Amendment, but…"

Become active in precinct politics. The late Tip O'Neill (D-Mass.) once noted that "all politics is local." Work at the grassroots level to counter the gun prohibitionists in your community. Learn to fight back with facts.

emailtplheader-new.jpg

The final floor vote on SB 941, the Expanded Background Checks bill, is scheduled for tomorrow, May 4, at 10:30 AM.

You can still call tonight and tomorrow morning to leave messages for legislators. If you have already called, thank you! If not, you still have time.

We are very close to passing this bill but our representatives have told us that they need to hear more from supporters of SB 941. So let's give them a huge shout out of encouragement and support!

Please call your Oregon State Representative NOW and say that you support SB 941, the Expanded Background Checks bill. Find your legislator here and find more information about SB 941 here (at the bottom of this email). Call tonight or tomorrow morning and leave a message.

And call the legislators below even if you are not in their district. When you reach a staff member or a voicemail box, please tell them the following things:

1. Your name and that you are an Oregon resident.
  2. Tell them you want the representative to vote YES on SB 941, the expanded background check bill.
  3. Tell them background checks save lives by helping keep guns out of the hands of criminals and domestic abusers.
  4. Thank them for their support--that's important.
Rep. Susan McLain (Dist. 29, Hillsboro): 503-986-1429
[email protected]

Rep. Brian Clem (Dist. 21, Salem): 503-986-1421
[email protected]

Rep. Deborah Boone (Dist. 32, Canon Beach, Astoria): 503-986-1432
[email protected]

Rep. Paul Evans (Dist. 20, Salem): 503-986-1420
[email protected]

Rep. Betty Komp (Dist. 22, Woodburn): 503-986-1422
[email protected]

Rep. Brad Witt (Dist. 31, Clatskanie): 503-986-1431
[email protected]
The final vote on SB 941 is scheduled for Monday, May 4, starting at 10:30 a.m. The entire process is expected to last 5 hours. Governor Brown is expected to sign this bill but SB 941 must first pass this final vote.

Ceasefire Oregon thanks all of you who have poured many, many hours into this effort.

Penny, Joanne, Michael and the entire Ceasefire Oregon team!

Let's finish this!

#YesOnSB941

Information about SB 941

87% of Oregonians support background checks, including 83% of Oregon gun owners.1

In Oregon, background checks for gun sales are only required from a federally licensed firearms dealer or at a gun show. Oregon voters closed the gun show loophole in 2000, but an estimated 40,000 to 75,000 guns are still sold annually in Oregon without a background check through private sellers.

Felons, domestic abusers, and the dangerously mentally ill can avoid the background check system by going to private sellers, no questions asked.

Exempt family members include parents, children, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews.

Background checks would not be required for temporary transfer. (For example, if a gun were lent for hunting for a short time.)

The private gun sale loophole is one reason why Oregon is one of 14 states where gun deaths now outnumber car fatalities.2

Taking the responsible step of requiring background checks for private gun sales is the most effective way to reduce gun violence.

In states that require comprehensive background checks:
-48% fewer on-duty police officers are shot and killed, and
-46% fewer women are shot and killed by their intimate partners.3

Background checks are simple and effective. During 2013 alone, Oregon's background check system prevented 2,215 prohibited persons from purchasing guns from licensed dealers and at gun shows (Oregon State Police data).

Background checks save lives. Let's close the private sale loophole now.

1. Americans for Responsible Solutions
2. <broken link removed>
3. Everytown for Gun Safety

Visit Ceasefire Oregon or Donate today.

twitter-icon.png Twitter facebook-icon.png Facebook email-icon.png Email separator.png

Let's not lose sight of the big picture.
The latest debacle surrounding OR SB 941 should be a klaxon wake-up.
It's only gonna get worse if we don't join together to fight this.
To combat BIG media and traitorous pols we need to use all resources available among us.

You who have media presentation, legal and political expertise, please consider how best to counter these attacks - and enlighten us as to what is the best course of action.
Strong and well prepared individuals, groups and families await cogent direction.

BIG $$$$$ and well crafted message control is needed now, if it's not too late. (!)
Here's the latest from NRA:
xKZIonv.jpg

[URL='http://www.nramedia.org/t/4699504/120925147/48110/8/?8b303d31=MTUzNkYxMDEzMA%3d%3d&x=d78b07cf'] WWK9gMM.jpg

For nearly two decades, patriots like you have been fighting to stop the U.N. from trampling our gun rights.

But we've never been in more danger of losing this battle than we are right now.

Just over six months ago, the United Nations Gun Ban Treaty officially entered into force.

And although the U.S. Senate has thus far refused to ratify the treaty, Barack Obama is hell-bent on forcing you to live under every one of its freedom-crushing edicts.

Obama is trying to PASS legislation that would spur the creation of a national gun registration system - just like the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty dictates.

The Obama administration is trying to OUTLAW ammunition that it claims isn't "appropriate" for civilian use - just like the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty dictates.

And just recently, the Obama administration tried to unilaterally BAN law-abiding Americans from traveling internationally with their personal firearms and ammunition - just like the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty dictates.

If we want to stop Obama from forcing us to live under the U.N.'s demands and surrender our Second Amendment freedom WE MUST DO MORE.

We need to DEMAND that Congress deny Obama the funding he needs to unilaterally enforce the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty.

This battle is RED HOT. I need you to add the power of your voice to this fight NOW by signing NRA-ILA's petition to Defund the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty.

Recently, four of our top pro-gun allies in the Senate - Mike Enzi, John Barrasso, Jerry Moran, and James Inhofe - launched a full-scale effort to block Obama from spending YOUR tax dollars to implement the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty.

As the Senators rightly declared, this critical action to defund the treaty "is necessary because Secretary of State John Kerry signed the treaty and the Administration is making efforts to implement it unilaterally through administrative actions."

Please understand: Unless Congress specifically denies funding for the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty, Obama will continue to spend your tax dollars doing the U.N.'s anti-gun dirty work.

That's why I'm asking you to help STOP Obama from eliminating our freedom and replacing it with U.N.-style gun control TODAY.

Ever since he took office, Obama has worked to transform America into a nation you and I would hardly recognize…let alone want to live in.

Right before the U.N. Gun Ban Treaty entered into force, Obama declared that America "must meet our responsibility to observe and enforce international norms."

He slapped us in the face by locking arms with the European Union to issue an international declaration demanding immediate "disarmament and arms control."

His Assistant Secretary of State even bragged that the Obama administration is "already implementing the treaty."

Obama is staring us STRAIGHT IN THE EYE and daring us to stop him.

Now it's our move. We need to strip away the funding he needs to destroy our gun rights.

Please sign NRA-ILA's petition today. Thank you.

Chris

Chris W. Cox
Executive Director

XHe04hC.png National Rifle Association, Institute of Legislative Action * 11250 Waples Mill Rd * Fairfax, VA. 22030
Please do not reply to this e-mail.[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews