JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they can wait out our collective attention span (about ten seconds) this will evaporate into the ether, just like Epstein.
Who?

fish.jpeg

Hunter Biden Opens About Addiction Struggles, Divorce: New ...
https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics › News

Jul 1, 2019 — Since 2003, Hunter was in and out of multiple rehab centers, achieving sobriety for periods of time before relapsing, which lead him to be ...

I suppose his own memoir covering his years of ADDICTION doesn't count?
Addiction is usually considered to be forever, and a constant life-long battle to stay sober.

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? "

Look, that's still not solid proof Biden was doing coke. Does proof he was likely doing coke count? How much time should someone get for likely committing a crime? Fine! Start locking people up for likely committing crimes.

I don't like seeing the uber wealthy getting away with bubblegum either. There's a lot more important things at this time we should be screaming about! How about having a president that has a "Basic Grasp" (exact words I heard a CNN person say last night when referring to Biden "Trailing Off" during that so called Press conference.) I see us in real trouble in the next couple of years. Some rich kid, probably, doing coke when he bought a gun is way down the list of problems at this time, from my point of view.

Last Edited:
Hillary_Criminal_09.gif

BUT.....wasn't there a case that went to the USSC? And IIRC.....they decided that to answer the questions on Form 4473 with a lie was a violation of the 5th A. Thus, inadmissible.

Yeah.....gotta do some more research on that one.

Anyway....
I'd be guessing that.....the DOJ and/or any Govt. prosecutor(s) aren't interested. Being that the Dems run the show. And THIS :s0123: is about all that will happen as a result of the incident.

Aloha, Mark

Although entertaining, is anyone else just appalled at the poor, almost incoherent writing of "news reports"? I was never particularly fond of English class, but damn, it's your profession. I could get a job as an editor and do better work. :s0002:

Also, an argument could be made that if you are not actually high at the time, you are not an illegal user of drugs When filling out the form.

So there is a legal limit of illegal controlled substance use as long as it is not causing a person to get "high"? I hope that question helped to exemplify how absurd the claim sounds.

The question is not whether you've ever used, but are you a user of. Either way, I answer "NO" with a clear conscience.

I answer, "NO!", with a clear conscience too!

I do not believe in a BUNCH of that stuff. Never did it - never will.

Plus I have always believed in being in total control of your mental and physical capabilities when it comes to personal responsibility!

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:

The juicy parts are highlighted in red.

This kind of writing, in my personal experience, is from a person on drugs. Busy, Busy, busy!
Sheesh....

So there is a legal limit of illegal controlled substance use as long as it is not causing a person to get "high"? I hope that question helped to exemplify how absurd the claim sounds.
No, no limit of illegal, but define "user". That's the problem with the question.

If you haven't smoked in a month, are you still considered a smoker? If I quit this morning, am I a smoker? If I don't regularly smoke and I plan on smoking this evening, am I a smoker?
The question is not OBJECTIVE but SUBJECTIVE. As such, the claim is not absurd, as it is not measurably defined.

In effect, if a person is not under the influence at the time they are filling out the form, they could reasonably make the statement they are NOT a user of illegal drugs, because they are not "at that time."

And don't want to start down the path of someone who abuses "legal" drugs, such as prescriptions. It just gets uglier.....

In effect, if a person is not under the influence at the time they are filling out the form, they could reasonably make the statement they are NOT a user of illegal drugs, because they are not "at that time."
"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

Seems like a lot less wiggle room when it's not paraphrased.

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

Seems like a lot less wiggle room when it's not paraphrased.
True, but how many people you you know that most would define as an alcoholic would tell you they are not addicted and can quit any time?

No, no limit of illegal, but define "user". That's the problem with the question.

If you haven't smoked in a month, are you still considered a smoker? If I quit this morning, am I a smoker? If I don't regularly smoke and I plan on smoking this evening, am I a smoker?
The question is not OBJECTIVE but SUBJECTIVE. As such, the claim is not absurd, as it is not measurably defined.

And don't want to start down the path of someone who abuses "legal" drugs, such as prescriptions. It just gets uglier.....

Those are good points!

True, but how many people you you know that most would define as an alcoholic would tell you they are not addicted and can quit any time?
In your scenario, why would an alcoholic consider themself an "unlawful user of", unless they were under age. Alcohol is not an illegal drug, we already went through that process some hundred years ago...

I'd say if you obtain your weed, stimulants or depressants on the street, or are an abuser of prescription drugs, then the answer to the question is simply "yes"... It's really either black or white, no grey here...

So the question is this on 4473:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Seems to me to be crystal clear, weed is a no-go, period. Then they get into the other classes of drugs... I personally don't see the wiggle room in this question. Especially for someone who's been in and out of rehab with Hunter's regularity...

Lying on form 4473. We all know the question is:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Being an unlawful user of cocaine, getting kicked out of the military, Hunter should have answered Yes to this question, but on the form submitted, Hunter responded No, which is clearly incorrect and a false statement, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

Joemela wants to get tough on guns, then make an example of Hunter. Impress the schit out of all of us... Prosecute and lock him up for this falsification on this federal form...

Otherwise, how can they prosecute any one of us false statements made on a 4473...
I think you need to re-read the forms question. It has been pointed out that it does not ask about history, but current events

So the question is this on 4473:

Seems to me to be crystal clear, weed is a no-go, period. Then they get into the other classes of drugs... I personally don't see the wiggle room in this question. Especially for someone who's been in and out of rehab with Hunter's regularity...
your quote on the 4473 form is for the current form, not the one from 2018 or earlier when he bought the gun. That blurb on the form about marijuana is recent, we have had threads about it. Marijuana is still an illegal Federal Drug, if you live in Colorado, a Left Coast State, or some other place, if in the USA the FED's say it is not lawful.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top