JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I built the below rifle case to fit my sister's rifle and scope, using foam from an old case. I am going to build a couple of more simpler cases for other rifles, but don't know of a source for the foam. Does anyone know of a place in the PDX or Beaverton area?

Max

BAguncase1.JPG

BAwithguncase2.JPG

I bought some egg crate style foam at Home Depot for a pistol case and quickly learned that the density wasn't enough to hold the pistols in place. I went to Kits Camera and they had some foam but the size was too small for my need the guy at the shop gave me the company name and I bought what I needed online. I don't recall the compnay that I bought the foam from but I expect if you hit up your local camera store they will either have what you need or tell you who to contact. Best advice is check out the density, you want something faily firm, the stuff uses for sound dampening or bedding is too soft.

Another great tool for cutting it to shape is an old electric knife. I have a doskocil case with 4 different foam inserts for different long guns. I bought an old electric knife at the Goodwill. Traced the guns with a sharpie and cut them out. If I remember right I ordered the foam from them. Pretty cheap and easy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top