JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All,

I am not affiliated in any way with this vendor, but I can attest to the quality and value of this ammo. For example, 9mm JHP is priced at 36 cents a round. I have shot approximately 500 rounds from this manufacturer without a single malfunction. RUAG Ammotec is Europe's largest manufacturer of small arms ammo, partially with German and partially with Swiss origin. (http://www.ruag.com/ammotec/ammotec-home/). The US based online outlet is www.primeclub.com

Not only do I like the ammo, I love shooting the same ammo for practice as I would in a defense scenario.

I'm not impressed. To get your price requires a $50/year membership fee. If we apply that $50 fee across all 500 cartridges the price increases to 46 cents a round.

As if that's not bad enough your place charges double the shipping cost of sgammo, adding 3 cents more per round to an order of 10 boxes of 50. You can shoot this unspecified JHP primeclub stuff for $0.52 each or I can shoot my well tested Federal HSTs for $0.51 each [1] [2]. (Shipped cost for 500 rounds used in one year).

[1] <broken link removed>
[2] <broken link removed>

I shoot a lot more than 500 per year, so that membership fee gets diluted quickly. That "unspecified primeclub stuff" is high quality ammo shot by European LE and military and manufactured to high exacting standards.

Very well, anyone that is a high volume shooter can amortize out the $50 annual fee and ignore it as insignificant, but it can hardly be ignored when promoting a potential ammo source to fellow shooters who may not shoot thousands of rounds per year from a single supplier.

What I meant by "unspecified primeclub stuff" is that the ammo is made by the USA branch of RUAG Ammotec to the specifications provided by primeclub/Citizens Ammunition LLC and there is no guarantee that the JHP used for this ammo is the same used by RUAG Europe. If we go to the RUAG website you linked us to the 9mm bullets listed for LE use are all pretty much lead free and frangible except for <broken link removed> that is only provided only on request and therefore would not be a standard LE round nor could it possibly be the 115gr offered by primeclub. It seems extremely unlikely to me that JHP specified by primeclub is an unlisted RUAG product brought in from the UK or is something that their LE would use, as if that is a positive endorsement anyways.

If we ignore that $50 annual fee and assume 9mm ammo is ordered 500 at a time for the purposes of calculating shipping costs then I'm still shooting a high quality proven defensive HST round for $0.51 compared to Citizens Ammunition LLC's possibly fabulous but most likely ordinary $0.42 JHP. Hence my lukewarm reception.

no worries, I am not married to them ;-) When I spoke to them on the phone almost a year back, it sounded as if they imported directly from RUAG in Europe in a joint venture sort of setup... When I go to any local shoppe the only JHP I can find is between 90 cents and 1.25. Plinking ammo is around 40 cents (vs 24 at PC), unless I take remanufactured stuff (!). I will take a look at Federal although I have not been too happy with federal bulk .22 (if I remember correctly). But thanks for sharing your source.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top