JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NRA is your best friend at this point if you want to maintain any of your gun rights. Sign up for their news letter and they'll tell you exactly who they are and are not working with. Alex Jones is right on some things. On others he is way out of touch and spreading a lot of misinformation. He has an agenda just like every other media personality and that is to do what he needs to do to gain viewers. Sometimes that means gaining listeners by pissing them off with lies

+1. Makes it hard to gain support using speaking points from verified sources (as the opposition will rip you apart if not), against people and HUGE media conglomerates that can spew misinformation, opinions, and outright lies in the name of ratings.
Look at MSNBC. They tell a lie about the NRA and people just assume it's true and start demanding an appology.

I'm more of a Gun Owners of America guy and the NRA has definitely sold us out several times in the last 80 years, beginning with the 1934 NFA.. but it does seem they have purged most of the sellouts and may finally be standing firm

Generally at the state level we are on a winning streak, I am quite optimistic and I think the antis are on their last feeble gasps and are running scared

Actually he's right about that, he simply hasn't listed the facts.. so here.. and will add that maybe this is the NRA's past and not their present and future. Until I see that (the next few years will be telling) any actual beyond-membership donations will go to GOA, who have been the real deal all along

1934 NFA

1934 NFA HEARINGS

1968 GCA

Gun Control, Fiat Money — National Security? by Michael E. Kreca

Here's a good gunsite article on all this

THE FIREARMS OWNERS' PROTECTION ACT: A HISTORICAL AND LEGAL PERSPECTIVE

We are our own worst enemies.

The NRA has done more to protect your 2nd Amendment rights than all of the other firearm organizations combined.

I am not claiming that the NRA hasn't made mistakes in the past, but dragging up something your great-grandfather did is pretty ridiculous.

If you don't want to support them, fine. Just don't create a bunch of controversy out of ancient history.

Actually he's right about that, he simply hasn't listed the facts.. so here.. and will add that maybe this is the NRA's past and not their present and future. Until I see that (the next few years will be telling) any actual beyond-membership donations will go to GOA, who have been the real deal all along

1934 NFA

1934 NFA HEARINGS

1968 GCA

Gun Control, Fiat Money — National Security? by Michael E. Kreca

Here's a good gunsite article on all this

THE FIREARMS OWNERS' PROTECTION ACT: A HISTORICAL AND LEGAL PERSPECTIVE

^This

We are our own worst enemies.

The NRA has done more to protect your 2nd Amendment rights than all of the other firearm organizations combined.

I am not claiming that the NRA hasn't made mistakes in the past, but dragging up something your great-grandfather did is pretty ridiculous.

If you don't want to support them, fine. Just don't create a bunch of controversy out of ancient history.

History is exactly what people are not considering in the gun control argument, which is why it keeps repeating itself. We will never forget!

1st comment, not even an introduction. TROLL ALERT!!!! :bsflag:

To take a page out of the anti's playbook... It doesn't hurt to have a large organization like the NRA as a boogey man that they can all point at as the enemy (while the other pro-gun organizations that haven't been around as long and made as many mistakes work secretly behind the scenes). ☺

I have no problem with people not supporting the NRA but I feel like we should be encouraging each other to do something rather than playing the "my organization is better than your organization" game.

That being said, I support NRA, GOA and SAF. They all have a role to play and can use any support you might be willing to give any or all of them. Choose the organization(s) that best match your needs/wants and encourage others to do the same.

While it is true that the NRA has some spotty history 50 to 100 years ago, it has changed greatly and mostly positively since that time, like many have changed. 50 years ago the democrats controlled the south east where the majority of gun owners were. Today the democrats control the north east where the majority of non-gun owners live along side the bulk of crime ridden cities.

I know a lot of people who were once anti-gun but now have seen the light and are pro-gun. I have never known anyone who was pro-gun that flipped 180 degrees.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top