Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sounds like the NRA is living up to their reputation..

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Glock Jock, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

2. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

Did you see the azz on the girl getting interviewed ( right side of screen ), I would like to spank that. :thumbup:

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Just shows that the anti gun nuts are willing to spread any lies they can about everyone they can to spread dissension amongst those that stand against them. That's a well known tactic of the democratic party and Obwan as is playing the race card.

Remember how the NRA was attacked for even daring to suggest armed guards at schools (while Obwan and others send their kids to private schools that have had armed guards for years) and now some districts are doing just that.

4. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

not until I turned off my ad blocker :)

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  5. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

If it matters to those of you who are sporting tin-foil headwear this year, the NRA is denying the reports that they won't fight the back-ground check bills...

6. devildriver

devildriver Gresham New Member

The link isn't working for me.

7. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

I'm pretty skeptic of the claim. The link to the link of the original story doesn't seem to have a lot to back it up.

I remember another story about how the Bloomberg campaign might try to spread dis-information to try and get the various gun-advocate groups to fight among themselves. Could this be rumor generation to do just that?
    (between a hunting federation and NRA on background checks I think)

8. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Statement from Chris W. Cox, NRA-ILA Executive Director, regarding inaccurate NBC story alleging that NRA won't oppose background check bill

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Glock Jock

So when Obama said he wouldn't sign the NDAA and then did all the people who believes he did wear "tin-foil hats"? The NRA has supported gun control before - no tin foil needed. You can say you're not going to do something all day, that doesn't mean squat.

10. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you supprt Oblamo then.

11. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Those of you up in arms actually believe that NBC is telling the truth. Do not believe everything that you read, check out the facts first!!!
    Typical Liberal tactic, spread deceit & lies to the ignorant.

12. Lloyd Braun

Lloyd Braun Vancouver Active Member

im with glock jock but you still gotta support the NRA right now..

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  13. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

What gun control have they supported before? The '86 FOPA with Hughes' poison pill they thought they could defeat after it passed? There was a lot of good things in that act. Safe passage and registry prohibition was a good thing.

14. Glock Jock

Adam Winkler: When the NRA Promoted Gun Control

you should drink and type less often

15. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

I'm not sure I would consider Adam Winkler as a resource for truth

16. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

That story is so full of distortions, half-truths and deliberate attempts to confuse it's almost unreadable.

The NRA has been solidly against gun control since the early 80s, after the insurgency took over the board in roughly 1979. It wasn't PRO gun control before that, it just wasn't a politically active organization outside preserving hunting rights and the like.

There is plenty not to like about the NRA. But claiming they're just a more moderate form of the Brady Bunch, or don't actively oppose gun control is just untrue.

I really don't get all the hate for the NRA.

They're a giant organization and not monolithic. They represent gun owners of a LOT of differing opinions on many issues.

And remember, their primary mission is education and training. NRA-ILA is only a part of what they do.

17. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I just saw a picture of Alex Jones and another of Obama. Neither one are really my type.

18. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Believe its a rotating ad of some sort. I didn't see it but when I went back to the article later itto was there.

19. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

20. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

NRA is your best friend at this point if you want to maintain any of your gun rights. Sign up for their news letter and they'll tell you exactly who they are and are not working with. Alex Jones is right on some things. On others he is way out of touch and spreading a lot of misinformation. He has an agenda just like every other media personality and that is to do what he needs to do to gain viewers. Sometimes that means gaining listeners by pissing them off with lies