JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sometimes a little rust and honest wear is the path to righteousness. :s0152:

DSCN3337 (5).JPG

I'm sure these have a "soul"...
They have been kicking around for 100-200 odd years*... Seven of them I still shoot and hunt with as well as use for display...
*My Hawken is the "new" one of the bunch , made in 1997....

No telling for sure where they have been , who carried them or how much game or dare I say men may have fallen to them.
If not a soul , I do feel the history behind the antique ones and my Hawken , just has the cool factor 'cause of who made it...game fallen to it and rifle matches won with it.....:D

I do understand the "why" of "plastic" stocked guns and finishes other than bluing , case hardening or browning , but those things , just don't spark my interest like the guns shown below....
Andy
DSC06789.jpg

DSC06814.jpg

DSC06822.jpg

DSC06824.jpg

DSC06619 (1).jpg

DSC06557.jpg

Hawken.jpg

I'm sure these have a "soul"...
They have been kicking around for 100-200 odd years*... Seven of them I still shoot and hunt with as well as use for display...
*My Hawken is the "new" one of the bunch , made in 1997....

No telling for sure where they have been , who carried them or how much game or dare I say men may have fallen to them.
If not a soul , I do feel the history behind the antique ones and my Hawken , just has the cool factor 'cause of who made it...game fallen to it and rifle matches won with it.....:D

I do understand the "why" of "plastic" stocked guns and finishes other than bluing , case hardening or browning , but those things , just don't spark my interest like the guns shown below....
Andy
View attachment 500736

View attachment 500737

View attachment 500738

View attachment 500739

View attachment 500740

View attachment 500741

View attachment 500742

This post makes me think of the song "Highwayman"

same people who bash the metric system. So what, let them hate. Souless guns protect our country now. Souless fighter jets. Souless tanks. Souless ICBMs. And to me the future is more important than the past.

i prefer my guns soulless, i guess.

same people who bash the metric system. So what, let them hate. Souless guns protect our country now. Souless fighter jets. Souless tanks. Souless ICBMs. And to me the future is more important than the past.

i prefer my guns soulless, i guess.

Wait a minute, guns dont kill people, people kill people...right? So its the same brave people who defend our country. It just so happens they have to do it with ugly schit.

nah I'm not one of those "guns dont kill people" guys. I'm fully aware that guns kill people. Mine are locked up, like prisoners in my own house. They are treated like souless ciminals.

There's a correct tool for every job. I don't take out a hacksaw and sandpaper when i want to do a brake job on my truck.

nah I'm not one of those "guns dont kill people" guys. I'm fully aware that guns kill people. Mine are locked up, like prisoners in my own house. They are treated like souless ciminals.

There's a correct tool for every job. I don't take out a hacksaw and sandpaper when i want to do a brake job on my truck.

They are all tools. Just like mopeds and fat chicks, they get the job done.

The problem with only having guns that have soul is that you can't abuse them like you can soulless guns.

I like my AR because I can scuff it up and have no worries, adds character. Same with my stainless ruger revolver, doesn't need any special treatment.
It's special treatment when I do things I otherwise might feel obligated about.

Honest wear from use and age really doesn't bother me...abuse and neglect is a different matter.

Some folks like plastic guns...hell I even have two of 'em myself....as I have said I understand the "why" of them...but they just don't hold the same level of attractiveness to me as a wood stock and blued / browned steel.
Andy

Well I can truly appreciate a fine piece of wood and steel in the form of a firearm and I own several that have been handed down. When I hunt these days, I am more apt to pick a stainless Kevlar stocked tool of death that has taken many a souls.:cool:

Inanimate objects only have the "soul" you put into them.

A gun has a soul if it was meticulously handcrafted from walnut and blued steel by an old-school craftsman.

Soulless guns are stamped out in mass from plastic and pot-metal by computer-controlled, mindless machines.

The former type are works of art, heirlooms to be treasured. The latter type are simply replaceable tools.

Just kidding, of course, trying to get the tactical guys all worked up! :D One of my favorite guns, my M1 Garand, was seriously mass-produced in a big war-time hurry, by workers cranking them out by the millions as fast as they could.

When's Joe gunna get around to putting in a "dislike" option?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top