JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question for you FFL holders with an SOT. Can you own Dealer sample firearms in Washington state??? I read the RCW which states they may be possessed by mil/leo and for "testing". When I picked up my AOW the class 3 had a suppressed mp5, in Washington. I didn't get a chance to get the details of how much it took to own...

Yes they can own them and THEY can use them but from what I understand no one that is not able to buy them can use them.

So SOT has a dealer sample they can use them or PD can go test them but they can not let private people shoot them in WA. I say this because one of the local shops holds MG shoots but has to do it in ID for this reason.

That is kinda what I was thinking... I would think private citizens could fire them but only in their presence... But I may be wrong. Much like all NFA items, you can shoot it but the registered party must be there

In WA it is illegal for anyone that is not legally allowed to use them shot them. " It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in possession or under control, any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle....." http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.190 The only exception that I know of would be for the the privately own FA's (or SBR/SBS) that grandfathered in.

Since other NFA stuff is legal to use that is how you can shoot other NFA stuff in with the owner there.

Here are the WA laws if you have not seen them, Chapter 9.41 RCW: Firearms and dangerous weapons

How about looking at it like this, the law is about unlawful firearms and a post sample machine gun is not an unlawful firearm because it is legally owned by an SOT. So legally owned firearms would be exempt because because a post sample gun is a firearm "(ii) To be used or purchased by federal, state, county, or municipal law enforcement agencies; or" be" There are gun ranges in WA that have machine guns for rent, did the shops acquire them before 1994 or are they doing something illegal?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top