JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The way I understand it, If ANYONE builds an AOW there is a $200 stamp to "create" it. After this happens its only $5 to transfer.

Someone told me if I gave my firearm to a FFL7/SOT they could just ADD it to the registry and then transfer the gun back to me for $5 and this would avoid the $200 stamp...

Who is right?

Thanks

I'm not an SOT, but are you referring to making a shotgun pistol? If so, it has to start out life as a pistol grip only, or bare receiver in order to be "turned into" a AOW.

But to answer your question, yes and no.

An SOT can create an AOW from a qualifying weapon, but they can't do it with just any firearm. As far as a "smoothbore pistol", yes they can build one, no they can't take your regular shotgun and make a AOW out of it.

Also not an SOT. I thought about having an SOT "build" an AOW for me as well, the problem is they're not going to do it for free (they have to pay a fee to HAVE the SOT) unless you have a GOOD friend who has an SOT, which I suspect you don't if you are asking US instead of him. Plus there is the time involved in the second approval.

Former SOT here. Yes an SOT can "build" an AOW for you on a virgin or pistol receiver and the ATF will charge you a $5 transfer fee. Depends on what you need done though as the SOT will not do it for free unless its your brother.

Contact Coctailer. He is a Class 3 manufactor. He can turn it into an AOW and will charge you a $50 transfer fee and $5 tax stamp. Just send my form 4 in yesterday with his help. Now we wait.

Contact Coctailer. He is a Class 3 manufactor. He can turn it into an AOW and will charge you a $50 transfer fee and $5 tax stamp. Just send my form 4 in yesterday with his help. Now we wait.

he's either a Class 3 vendor, or a Class 2 manufacturer. can't be what you
posted above.

Coctailer, This is what Im looking for:

It has to be an AOW for use in Washington...

I may have to buy a SXS 12ga and 'demil' it to ATF specs, document it, reweld/machine/whateverittakes build a receiver with NO stock attached, file a form 1, wait 3 months, get my stamp, and cut it down, enjoy!

Coctailer, This is what Im looking for:

It has to be an AOW for use in Washington...

I may have to buy a SXS 12ga and 'demil' it to ATF specs, document it, reweld/machine/whateverittakes build a receiver with NO stock attached, file a form 1, wait 3 months, get my stamp, and cut it down, enjoy!

You may be able to find a double barrel shotty that was imported without the stock attached to the receiver.
Kind of a long-shot, but I have heard that a few gun companies did this for ease of shipping.

These are what I have in stock:

DSC00500.jpg

These are what I have in stock:

DSC00500.jpg

NICE!!!!

I'm Interested in a serbu, but I dont have the $$$. I really want a SxS AOW but like I said I may have to build it myself... the hardway.

I have 4 gun projects going on right now, and the wife would not be a happy camper if I came home with a serbu (even in 3-4 months!!)

Ive got a few AK kits Im building, working on a Form 1 design/Paperwork/Getting materials, Rebuilding a Astra model 357 4" revolver, fixing up my FAL. Just to name the major ones...

I think I could get away with getting a SxS and rebuilding the receiver into a "virgin" and adding a pistol grip Without breaking the bank... You can find used SxS's for $150-300 on GunBroker all the time!

I just purchased one from Coctailer! Thanks!!

would that be an 870 AOW or SBS? I'm in WA so my interest is piqued if the
possibility exists for me to acquire any AOW variants. if so, pm me your price.
thanks in advance. raymond-

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads