JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was in a public place (I'll keep the details non-specific as to location of individual here) when an individual got ticked off from traffic (not from me as I was parked), started yelling obscenities, and then pulled next to me. My passenger, unaware of the previous altercation, thought the individual was yelling at them. Asked them to stop freaking out (this person was parked next to us yelling loudly). I get out to check clearance for a medical issue (person parked very close to our vehicle and we require a certain clearance awarded via disabled parking spots) and individual started yelling at me. I tell him he really needs to calm down to which he replies that he is going to blow my bubbleguming head off. I say again, you need to calm down.

To cut to the chase individual opens their door, picks up concealed pistol case from inside of door, and states that if I want they can "lay me down". I say it's illegal to threaten someone with a gun. They again utter that phrase and tell me to "shut the %$$$ up" and that they have another gun on them.

I ask if they were a CCW permit holder, they said yes.

I have the license plate number, incident report with the place it occurred at, a witness, and can identify the individual. What are the legal ramifications of threatening someone, especially someone a) unarmed b) not posing a threat and c) in a public area, with a concealed weapon? I was under the impression that you couldn't allude to the concealed weapon unless your life was in immediate danger (or even allude to it at all until it's pulled out?).

I'm contemplating filing a police report because this use of a concealed weapon seriously appalls me. I in no way provoked the individual nor did I do any gesture that could be construed as threatening.

I know I'm new here, which is why it's a coincidence that as I'm researching CCW laws in WA state this happens to me. Thanks guys for the help!

Yeah, he never showed me a specific gun but he did allude to the fact that one was in that bag and one was on him. The security guard was absolutely no help in the situation (I yelled for their assistance). When is too late to file a police report? I should've called the cops but at the time I didn't know if they could do anything but more importantly the person I was with needed to get inside.

Turn it in ASAP, guys like these make us all look bad, he will do this again.

BTW having a CCW is no excuse for threatening, these are the kind of people we want to have their license revoked.

This happened a few hours ago.

it's a little more impactful to have the cops chase the guy down in his car, leaving the scene, hopefully still hot under the collar with some residual attitude. And let the police ascertain the weapon status.. IF the guy is a CCW holder - this type of incident could be grounds for him to have it pulled. Now, he's at home, taken a chill pill, and will play the "I don't know what he's talking about" game. I'd still call the police and report it.

Agreed that this should not happen but............

You either did or did not have a weapon pulled on you.

There is no middle ground. I'm sure there are other violations here but it sounds like no gun was ever visible.

You certainly should have taken action on the spot and this may make your allegations tougher to prove.

I'd move on this fast or not at all.

T_H

Yep... call the police, that guy's a wacko.

He probably lied to you about having a concealed carry permit in the first place. I mean... if he had one, why was his gun in a case instead of a holster on his hip?

I believe that it is illegal to verbally threaten a persons life.And if they have a gun present,then the real trouble begins.

Best to just drive away when that starts to happen.And call the cops.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top