JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I put an ar upper and lower up for sale on friday, didn't want to, had to. but put up for exactly what I had into the pair. and had alot of interest, 9 of you pm'd me. I pm'd back to all when and where I'd be available. but hadn't promised it to anyone in particular. and I sold it on sunday. for exactly what I asked. and mail off the money to the wifes doc yesturday. so if anyone thought I had promised them the pair, and "sold it out from under" them, I am sorry, I didn't mean to.
thanks to everyone who contacted me.

If I may offer a tip... always refrain from giving the impression that a deal has been struck until you're committed to a deal. Sounds obvious, but if you're not a big internet buyer/seller, it's one of those little nuances that can be overlooked. Once a deal has been struck, however, you're ethically obligated to follow through- even if you get offered more, after the fact.

I have no idea what your situation was, just offering some unasked for advice, based on my own trials and errors in the past.

If no deal was officially struck, those other guys can piss off.

But why'd you start a thread to apologize to someone?

just felt bad that somebody was ticked, got a bunch of pm's all imediately after putting up the post, had several of those that offered to buy. only struck a deal with the eventual buyer. he was the first to offer to buy at my price.
and this is only the second thing i've sold. i'm more of a collector or pass em on to my boys guy.

just felt bad that somebody was ticked, got a bunch of pm's all imediately after putting up the post, had several of those that offered to buy. only struck a deal with the eventual buyer. he was the first to offer to buy at my price.
and this is only the second thing i've sold. i'm more of a collector or pass em on to my boys guy.

So are you telling me that since I offered you a dollar first for your $1000 item, I have a righteous right to be angry when you sell it and don't give me a counter offer? Don't let people walk over you man. Put the person that got mad on a never sell-to list.

I have found that when selling anything, especially small dollar items, it is almost impossible to not 'offend' someone. You get tons of BS emails/PMs and inquiries. It is impossible to keep it all coordinated unless you have a secretary on staff. Rarely does anyone ever just say I'll take for this much, I can meet here, etc. It is always conditional or I really want your holster, etc, how about it? Selling sucks.

It is a reminder to only buy things you really are sure you want to keep for the long haul.

I have found that when selling anything, especially small dollar items, it is almost impossible to not 'offend' someone. You get tons of BS emails/PMs and inquiries. It is impossible to keep it all coordinated unless you have a secretary on staff. Rarely does anyone ever just say I'll take for this much, I can meet here, etc. It is always conditional or I really want your holster, etc, how about it? Selling sucks.

It is a reminder to only buy things you really are sure you want to keep for the long haul.
Trade for a SKS?:s0114:

If I may offer a tip... always refrain from giving the impression that a deal has been struck until you're committed to a deal. Sounds obvious, but if you're not a big internet buyer/seller, it's one of those little nuances that can be overlooked. Once a deal has been struck, however, you're ethically obligated to follow through- even if you get offered more, after the fact.

I have no idea what your situation was, just offering some unasked for advice, based on my own trials and errors in the past.

If no deal was officially struck, those other guys can piss off.

But why'd you start a thread to apologize to someone?

He has morals and ethics.... Something that's missing a lot these days....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

That says to me you priced the items a tad low perhaps, live and learn.

First to say I'll take it at your price is the winner, easy.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads