JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hadn't owned an AK pattern rifle since I sold one in the mid-90s for more than I paid for it back during the AWB. With the rumors around Oregon's interim session, I went out and got another one, just because I still could.

Got myself an infamous RAS-47 built by Century Arms. This all-American AK has been mostly slagged on the internet, but mine hasn't blown up yet and may never for all I know and it shoots straight enough while being totally reliable. Besides, it's a buyer's market out there and I got a great deal.

All that aside, what most impresses me about the rifle is how much it upsets everyone. It upsets AK purists. It upsets certain shooters at the range, who give it the ol' stink eye. Having its distinctive curved mags arrive at my office upset an employee (whose opinion doesn't matter). Just wait til the wooden crate of two spam cans of x39 arrives from sgammo, there will be fainting.

It's the terrorist gun. It's the rifle of revolutionaries. It's the chosen weapon of most, if not all of America's enemies. It's even on some national flags.

I kind of dig how much it is despised by so many different people here.

I also very much like that it is "disfavored" by Ginny, Floyd, and their ilk.

The AR-15 may be called the evil black rifle in a tongue in cheek fashion. The AK apparently gives off real vibes of evil.:D

And it's extremely southpaw friendly compared to a basic right hand biased AR. I'm in love all over again with this cheap piece of peasant firepower. After all, to the powers that be, I am just a prole. Now, apparently made into a more "dangerous" one than normal.:cool:

I'm with you buddy. I bought the C39v2 last year and absolutely love it. I've had no problems with it whatsoever, though I only have around 500 rounds through it. Great gun and very cheap to shoot. BTW, my buddy is jealous that his AR doesn't emit a fireball out the barrel like my AK does. Post a pic! 66A2F12C-6CC7-4861-823B-7C6BA9F412A2.jpeg

I'm with you buddy. I bought the C39v2 last year and absolutely love it. I've had no problems with it whatsoever, though I only have around 500 rounds through it. Great gun and very cheap to shoot. BTW, my buddy is jealous that his AR doesn't emit a fireball out the barrel like my AK does. Post a pic!View attachment 414551

Lol. I will when I get home. It will look just like yours, except stamped of course, and with the slant brake removed in favor of a Manticore Nightbrake and the shipping protector removed from the charging handle.:p

AK's offend my sensibilities, much like Nazi stamped firearms and paraphernalia.
Although the most upsetting aspect is the price of what should otherwise be one of the cheapest semiauto rifles around. I have want of many other firearms in the $800 range before I consider an AK.
(Watch me talk smack until I go out and buy one for a great price)

Lol. I will when I get home. It will look just like yours, except stamped of course, and with the slant brake removed in favor of a Manticore Nightbrake and the shipping protector removed from the charging handle.:p
Yeah, that pic was taken as soon as I brought it home after purchase, lol

I picked up a cheap one a year ago I/O I have heard they are garbage but I have had no problems yet about 700 rounds through it and as with all my guns got a few mags also.i put the folder on it. MVIMG_20171114_161435.jpg IMAG0261.jpg

I don't have a issue with either rifle..and I am understanding that the comments about the "Evil Black Rifle" and "more dangerous" are tongue in cheek...

But I do have problems with folks who do think that they are evil and some how more dangerous.

I also have a problem with the "in your face" and military or quasi military fantasy attitude with some guns that are owned , how they are marketed , sold , and presented to the public...Which can cause folks to think them as evil or more dangerous...
This "attitude" can be seen in some gun owners , companies and also many if not most anti gun people.

Note to all I don't care what guns you own...
I just ask that you not be "that guy" that shows up as a poster child for how not to be a gun owner....No matter what guns you care to own...
Andy

My issue with AK's is accuracy. (I don't like rough edges either) They are terrible. If you measure the quality of a rifle by a decent caliber (7.62X39 is a good sporting caliber) or that it always goes boom and makes smoke they are fine.......but let's go to the range. Even a poor quality AR will shoot 1 inch groups. I have a seemingly well built Yugoslavian SKS that is very solid and fun to shoot. If it shoots a 6" group it is a good day. The Chinese versions I have owned are worse.....many much worse. I have much more training than most and have never had the spray and prey mentality......that is best suited to the Kalashnikov designs. I like the 7.62X39 caliber a lot and had to buy a CZ 527 just to prove the caliber is accurate. I even owned a very expensive Valmet built AK in 5.56 cal.....it wouldn't hit the side of a barn either.

I always wanted an AK Just not another caliber. I only wish I bought more than one as now they don't sell them anymore.

1DBBAFE2-22CD-4EF2-B248-9621E252A1DA.jpeg

I don't have a issue with either rifle..and I am understanding that the comments about the "Evil Black Rifle" and "more dangerous" are tongue in cheek...

But I do have problems with folks who do think that they are evil and some how more dangerous.

I also have a problem with the "in your face" and military or quasi military fantasy attitude with some guns that are owned , how they are marketed , sold , and presented to the public...Which can cause folks to think them as evil or more dangerous...
This "attitude" can be seen in some gun owners , companies and also many if not most anti gun people.

Note to all I don't care what guns you own...
I just ask that you not be "that guy" that shows up as a poster child for how not to be a gun owner....
Andy

With all my boxes arriving at the office for Christmas so as to not be stolen by one of the myriad valueless freaks who plague the Valley, I opened the one from Brownell's with the curved mags in it to make sure I got what I ordered.

If seeing nine 30 round AK mags gives the nosy anti-gun employee the vapors, so be it. I wasn't being in her face about it, she was the one getting into my business, apparently thinking that my package was going to be something cute for my kids.

Joke was on her I guess.

My issue with AK's is accuracy. (I don't like rough edges either) They are terrible. If you measure the quality of a rifle by a decent caliber (7.62X39 is a good sporting caliber) or that it always goes boom and makes smoke they are fine.......but let's go to the range. Even a poor quality AR will shoot 1 inch groups. I have a seemingly well built Yugoslavian SKS that is very solid and fun to shoot. If it shoots a 6" group it is a good day. The Chinese versions I have owned are worse.....many much worse. I have much more training than most and have never had the spray and prey mentality......that is best suited to the Kalashnikov designs. I like the 7.62X39 caliber a lot and had to buy a CZ 527 just to prove the caliber is accurate. I even owned a very expensive Valmet built AK in 5.56 cal.....it wouldn't hit the side of a barn either.

Let's not exaggerate now. I like ARs just fine when I have them trimmed out the way I like, but that part I bolded is just ridiculous.

Let's not exaggerate now. I like ARs just fine when I have them trimmed out the way I like, but that part I bolded is just ridiculous.
What is rediculious. We used to build AR's on Olympic lowers sometimes with cheep components. Even they would shoot 1" or smaller groups. My Colts commonly shoot cloverleaf groups at 100 yards.

What is rediculious. We used to build AR's on Olympic lowers sometimes with cheep components. Even they would shoot 1" or smaller groups. My Colts commonly shoot cloverleaf groups at 100 yards.

You were leaving the impression that a random buyer will get 1 MOA or better off the rack from a random and cheap AR, and that's just not going to be true in the world of large numbers. If it were, the DOD would be able to get that kind of accuracy guarantee out of Colt and FN, but they don't and they won't.

AK accuracy compared to ARs is usually based on crap ammo vs decent ammo. Who is shooting 7.62x39 brass? At 200 yards you can still hit 4" clays with an AK and Tula ammo.

The market has changed over the last decade. ARs are closer to $400 and decent 5.56 ammo is $6. As a package ARs are as cost effective as AKs to run with, yes, better accuracy. But AK definitely are worth it in many situations. I have several tarted up ARs but one unmolested AK.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top