JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ran across this story today, and it just broke my heart. I know the world is full of people who need this or need that, and this story probably isn't one of a kind sadly. However, as a father, this story broke my heart, and I wanted to share it here.http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/28/family-fights-insurance-company-to-cover-surgery-for-4-month-old/

https://fundly.com/sophia-mcvay#home
baby-sophia-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These stories break my heart.
I have a two year old girl and I get sucked into stories like this it hits home. My little girl is everything to me. I would lose my mind and my soul if I had to see my baby girl in a situation like that or any other sickness.

Pretty Sad :(
The really sad part is their excuse for not covering it, because when you get down to it, every medical procedure is experimental every time they perform it on someone new.
Wonder how these decision makers live with themselves.

Last Edited:
I thought ObamaCare was supposed to lower the ocean levels, stop solar flares, pay our mortgages, fill the gas tanks of our cars, and stop insurance companies from not paying out on medical procedures? WTH?

That being said, this is horrible and makes me thankful for the good (overall) health of my family.

This is the typical misunderstanding of almost everyone in first world countries.

Health insurance != healthcare.

Health insurance is a contract that the insurance co. will cover what their policy says it will cover if you (and/or your employer) pay the insurance premiums.

If the healthcare needed isn't covered in the policy they *you* and no one else, are responsible for paying for that healthcare, no matter how much you or your loved ones need it.

I do not pay for full coverage insurance on my car - only liability. When I dumped it in a ditch last year, I didn't hold my insurance co. responsible because I didn't pay for the coverage that would have paid for the damage. When my daughter needed an operation and my insurance wouldn't cover it (they called it cosmetic), I took out a loan and paid for it myself.

Insurance companies are for profit orgs - they do not care about your healthcare problems. Don't make the mistake of thinking they do, know what your policy covers and what it doesn't, and you won't be disappointed when they don't pay for something they don't cover.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top