JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like your name. I grew up in Manhattan Beach, CA. Surfed a lot in San Diego (Swamies, WindnSea) and Baja mid sixties. Ensenada had 1 paved street and all of the shows ;-) were open to an underage kid like me. Could live off of the sea food we caught and Tecate beer. Wecome to the NW.

Very excited and can't wait to put CA in the rearview to make my home around like minded people more focused on nature and family as opposed to keeping up with the Kardashians.

Here you're more likely to need to keep up with the Kalashnovs.

BTW if any of your family is liberal and at or near voting age, would you consider putting them out for adoption before moving? ;-)

should have a look at CA SB350, loons. Feel good libtard legislation. Same dbag author as some heinous 2A infringements, "ghost gun" De Leon.

This moron is perfect indicator of voting populace here...

Actually I just spend six months down there but not much time in the major metro areas, Stockton and Sac were bad enough. I grew up Sonoma County but spent the last 23 years in Salem.

You and I moved north at roughly the same time. I have relatives in the SF Bay Area and in San Diego, and man alive, it was so tense driving in traffic there the last few times I visited. The roads were always so packed. And driving during commute hours was a nightmare to deal with. I've seen nothing remotely as bad in Oregon.

Oregon and Washington are definitely moving in the wrong direction. SB941 is a prime example. Babysteps.

I was just talking about traffic, and not other things. Gun Owners are constantly under assault by the legislature in California. Unless there is some kind of turnaround and political awakening, I do see Washington and Oregon eventually going the same way. It will take some time, and it will no doubt be gradual. But the fact is that the antigun folks will never be happy until all handguns, semiauto firearms, and high capacity mags are banned.

The goal will always be to make America like England when it comes to firearms ownership.

I made it! Location updated!! Moving truck still a week out but already feels like home. Very welcoming neighbors, perfect slice of Americana.

So how bout that IPA, any recommendations? Had a couple from Bridgeport brewing last night and wasn't overly impressed. I'm used to pretty amazing craft culture in San Diego but have heard some promising things about this region.

Also, I'm in Millwood right now, please recommend good LGS.

At least you've moved to the dry side of the Cascades. Born and raised on the wet side of Oregon and don't even think about the cloudy, dreary winters, but my wife is from Sunnyvale, CA. and has a hard time every winter waiting for some blue sky to appear.
From Mountain View in the 1960 can relate took a bit to get used to the weather having short springs and summers. Love the falls here though. :)

I made it! Location updated!! Moving truck still a week out but already feels like home. Very welcoming neighbors, perfect slice of Americana.

So how bout that IPA, any recommendations? Had a couple from Bridgeport brewing last night and wasn't overly impressed. I'm used to pretty amazing craft culture in San Diego but have heard some promising things about this region.

Also, I'm in Millwood right now, please recommend good LGS.
Welcome to the state of confusion :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads