JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been lurking for a while now...

Born and raised in east county San Diego, CA. Fifth generation mind you. I've despised the cultural and political climate since being cognitive and the cost of living has finally drove me out.

In process packing my life and young family of 4 then headed to Spokane, WA to start a new job a few miles away in Post Falls, ID. Very excited and can't wait to put CA in the rearview to make my home around like minded people more focused on nature and family as opposed to keeping up with the Kardashians. Mini exodus by my extended family in recent years and most have landed in WA.

Looking forward to joining the community!

My mama always told me I could ask for the world just don't expect to get it, so don't flame me when I start asking for shooting and hunting spots. If you off road I guarantee we could trade valuable experience and skills :)

Joe

Last Edited:
Welcome to the forum, and shortly, to the NW. It's, for the most part, a great place to live. Just be sure to help us all by voting pro-gun in any elections, we desperately need the help. At least it will be an improvement in your gun rights over CA.

Welcome my oldest was the first person on my maternal grandmothers side not born in California since before California was a state. Wile I loathe the weather in the northwest there is little else about it I miss.

Just be sure to help us all by voting pro-gun in any elections, we desperately need the help. At least it will be an improvement in your gun rights over CA.
You can count on me to contribute to and fight this good fight. An improvement agreed, dreaming of my first "off-roster" handgun purchase, hope its safe:rolleyes: Figuring from there I can escape to ID in a hurry if the need someday arises.

Wile I loathe the weather in the northwest there is little else about it I miss.
Surprisingly we are looking forward to the change in climate, four seasons including a white christmas is fairy tale stuff to us. I've been working 1-2 days per week in the middle of local desert 110* and my home AC crapped out couple weeks back, not exactly a fan of the weather lately. Not to mention expecting the drought to be a legit crisis this time next year.

Last Edited:
Hi there. :s0162:You will get some cool weather in Spokane if your tired of heat.:s0158: I was looking at property years ago in NE Washington. It was super cheap and I would have loved it but I did not like the idea of needing a snow mobile in Early Winter to go anywhere. :s0099:Thus the cheap price ! :s0054:

I've been lurking for a while now...

Born and raised in east county San Diego, CA. Fifth generation mind you. I've despised the cultural and political climate since being cognitive and the cost of living has finally drove me out.

In process packing my life and young family of 4 then headed to Spokane, WA to start a new job a few miles away in Post Falls, ID. Very excited and can't wait to put CA in the rearview to make my home around like minded people more focused on nature and family as opposed to keeping up with the Kardashians. Mini exodus by my extended family in recent years and most have landed in WA.

Looking forward to joining the community!

My mama always told me I could ask for the world just don't expect to get it, so don't flame me when I start asking for shooting and hunting spots. If you off road I guarantee we could trade valuable experience and skills :)

Joe

Do us a favor and leave your California driving style in California...too much of that crap going on lately.

Last Edited:
Do us a favor and leaving your California driving style in California...too much of that crap going on lately.
I expected some disdain, if that's all I get doing alright. When you see me tailgating, jockeying between lanes, driving down the shoulder or sidewalk, flashing the lights, blaring the horn just do everybody a favor and get out of my way, my time is more important than yours:p

I expected some disdain, if that's all I get doing alright. When you see me tailgating, jockeying between lanes, driving down the shoulder or sidewalk, flashing the lights, blaring the horn just do everybody a favor and get out of my way, my time is more important than yours:p

Honestly California drivers are the one refreshing thing about visiting they drive like they have somewhere to go and move out of the way when you need to get past. Just be warned that Spokane has the worst drivers in the country.
When I lived there it was so bad that they had a huge public awareness campaign with bill boards and radio spots to inform people that red means stop.

Washington and Oregon, for that matter, are becoming more and more like California everyday. Why not just move to Idaho? Personally I am moving back to Arizona where can I buy and sell guns to my friends and can pack a piece without asking "the man" if it is alright. See ya'all.

I have to agree. Unless you have a compelling reason to live in Spokane, I'd suggest the Idaho side. More liberties there.

Split decision at the moment. I'll work in ID but wife would work in WA. Income and property taxes considered, embarrassed to say not sure what those liberties are worth to me yet. As previously stated, pretty excited about any improvement over CA. Leaning towards buying a home in ID once we settle in but disposable income my guiding light. "What's the sense of working hard if you never get to play"

Thanks for the discussion guys. In a month or so I'll be ready to find some target shooting spots or at least a local craft IPA, cheers!

:confused::cool::cool::cool::confused::s0003:Look for a place in ID across the border. Harder to find but I have been looking near and around Spokane on both sides. Cheney has many good deals on houses. I might retire to NE Wa or NE ID if can find right place. Too bad mom sold our 40 acres on the Pend O'Reille river. Mebbe my cousin still has it and will sell me a few.
Welcome to the NW as long as you support 2a rights. We all got 30 rd mags up here by the bushel, to boot.

Brutus Out

well aware of climate stats. 72 is coastal city region, not where im coming from. Winter will be the test that's for sure. Hoping with a new wardrobe we can hang. Being a young working man I've spent the first 10 years of adult life sweating my balls off to try and start/support a family, not chilling at the beach in tank top and flip flops. I'm moving for political, cultural, and economic reasons not petty weather patterns.

I've secured a rental in Millwood. Anyone close by to show me the ropes like LGS and quality IPA on tap? I'll be there for Labor Day.

Can't wait!!!

At least you've moved to the dry side of the Cascades. Born and raised on the wet side of Oregon and don't even think about the cloudy, dreary winters, but my wife is from Sunnyvale, CA. and has a hard time every winter waiting for some blue sky to appear.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top