JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We watched it last night, will pick it up again tonight.

It is a pretty good for TV type show, for those who have not studied the American Revolution, and that is probably well over 50% of the American sheeple, you really see where some of our basic freedoms, liberties and rights and our CONSTITUTION came from and what tyrants King George and his crew were....and why we never,never can go back there again.

http://www.history.com/shows/sons-of-liberty

sons-of-liberty-featured-show-image-red-logo-A.jpe

Watched some of it but by George I get tired of the commercials. I am going to catch it later when I can fast forward through them:eek:

Last Edited:
We will be watching it, recording it for now. It looks like it will be a good one.

I would also recommend the mini-series John Adams that came out a few years ago. It's a fantastic telling of these events with a focus on John Adams, but covers others well too.

Please keep in mind that this is historic fiction. They have taken substantial liberties with reality.

Boston 1775 is a great blog if this kind of thing interests you.

Please keep in mind that this is historic fiction. They have taken substantial liberties with reality.

Boston 1775 is a great blog if this kind of thing interests you.

I agree for theater they do. If you look at the basic concepts of search and seizure, due process, the tyranny of a repressive government, personal freedoms, there stands a basis for a lot of the rights most Americans take for granted today.

If it takes putting it into a TV format to get some American people to watch it and have even a miniscule understanding of, even with theatrical liberties, of what it took to get what so many take for granted and what so many American people have died to preserve, so be it.

Thanks for the blog link, I will look it up.

Highly inaccurate but entertaining. At the time this starts 1765 Sam Adams was a Portly 43 year old guy hardly endowed with Nijia skills to be jumping from roof top to roof top and climbing up the sides of buildings. And there was never a warrent out for his arrest.

I could go on and on but I won't there plenty of comment on the net about the teleplay that is the "Son's of Liberty"

Generally entertaining...although, much like the current output of what passes for the mainstream "news", it was basically a fictionalized account of actual events.:(

One thing that got my goat was the History Channel's PC language that infected the dialogue....For example in part 3, the British General (in lingering close-up) referred to the Rebels as "terrorists"...(even if that term was coined 20 years early in the 1770's** by Gage himself, I'm fairly confident that Washington or Adams weren't kidnapping British schoolgirls for his men to rape, etc...). The intent of the producers/writers to equate our Founders with the current crop of subhuman mass murderers in pursuit of Theocracy/Monotheism, was quite clear.

The thought that this Adventure Story might be shown in many schools as an "historical documentary", and most likely at face value, without correction.......yikes!

**Oxford Dictionary,
Origin; late 18th century: from French terroriste, from Latin terror.
The word was originally applied to supporters of the Jacobins in the French Revolution (post 1793), who advocated repression and violence in pursuit of the principles of democracy and equality.

Last Edited:
If nothing else, it should prompt people to take up books on the American Revolution and realize what a struggle it was, and how a mini series of 12 hours, hell maybe 7 hours with the fing commercials could possibly tell a story that took over 12 years to take place.

Hopefully the lessons on search and seizure, the replacement of a civilian governor with a military official, the unlawful confiscation of property, the offensive actions of the military against the civilian populace will not go unnoticed.

I liked it or the fact that it gets the point of the story out to the masses of folks who actually think we are here to serve the government
If one person get interested in our roots ,where we came from and takes pride in it as a new found truth then I think it was nothing but positive

Yes I like it. But my mind wonders. I cant help thinking about two things.

1. [Paranoia] Our current freedoms being stomped on, feels uncomfortable close to what the ''Sons'' experienced. With my general mind set of self reliance. I worry if watching this is some kind of a test. Almost like I'm being baited. If I cheer the ''Sons'' will my internet connected TV report me.:s0140:

2. [ Fantasy] Wouldn't it be fun to go back in a time machine to 1770 Boston with an AR and just clean up on all those Redcoats? Ten minutes and a few beta-c's would leave an impression I bet. Maybe that would take some of the pomp out of there general!

Anyways guns have come a long ways. And if ever there was another revolution. Many more people would be killed. No games with one side making a show of force. Not when an AR or AK held by one man can put down a dozen men trying to intimidate others but standing in formation in the street!

No it will be brutal. And nobody on either side will want to even pop there head up to take a look.

Haven't watched it yet.
etrain 16 mentioned the John Adams mini series and it is a MUST SEE to anyone interested in our history.
It motivated me to read the 651 page Biography by David McCullough and that also is a MUST READ!
No hype, the men and the times were fascinating enough.

I hope this new miniseries, Sons of Liberty is not leftist propaganda disguised as Historical fact.
Nothing wrong with a few pretty faces and non stop action but I hope they squeeze a little reality in there too!

Yes I like it. But my mind wonders. I cant help thinking about two things.

1. [Paranoia] Our current freedoms being stomped on, feels uncomfortable close to what the ''Sons'' experienced. With my general mind set of self reliance. I worry if watching this is some kind of a test. Almost like I'm being baited. If I cheer the ''Sons'' will my internet connected TV report me.:s0140:

2. [ Fantasy] Wouldn't it be fun to go back in a time machine to 1770 Boston with an AR and just clean up on all those Redcoats? Ten minutes and a few beta-c's would leave an impression I bet. Maybe that would take some of the pomp out of there general!

Anyways guns have come a long ways. And if ever there was another revolution. Many more people would be killed. No games with one side making a show of force. Not when an AR or AK held by one man can put down a dozen men trying to intimidate others but standing in formation in the street!

No it will be brutal. And nobody on either side will want to even pop there head up to take a look.

LOL... I was just saying that to my wife as we were watching it last night. Can you imagine had there been just a few AR's and/or AK's in the hands of the colonists during Bunker Hill, or at that firefight at the farm? There wouldn't have been a lobster back left standing!

I seriously reject to notion from the anti-2A types that it's absurd we could stand against our government should it go totally rogue and attempt to unleash our military on us.

You should read the "alternate history" fiction books written by Harry Turtledove. In one book, the Confederates somehow get AK's...

Haven't watched it yet.
etrain 16 mentioned the John Adams mini series and it is a MUST SEE to anyone interested in our history.
It motivated me to read the 651 page Biography by David McCullough and that also is a MUST READ!
No hype, the men and the times were fascinating enough.

I hope this new miniseries, Sons of Liberty is not leftist propaganda disguised as Historical fact.
Nothing wrong with a few pretty faces and non stop action but I hope they squeeze a little reality in there too!

Ben Franklin has no problem getting his groove on in the series... that's a historical fact. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top