JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is nambla? I don't want it google it
"The North American Man/Boy Love Association(NAMBLA) is a pedophile and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. It works to abolish age of consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors,[1][2] and campaigns for the release of all men who have been jailed for sexual contacts with minors that did not involve coercion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association

I'm pretty sure that we can all agree that child molesters are evil and should be dealt with severely - and I think we are a bright enough group to know that not everyone accused of being a chi mo is guilty of such - it's one of the most common accusations thrown out by an angry ex during custody or divorce proceedings or anyone who is being vindictive against someone - it's really the nuclear option of criminal allegations. The accuser knows that the media, the general public, the police, the prosecutors and judges are predisposed - even if they are supposed to be impartial - against alleged offenders. Evidence and proof aren't necessary to convict in the court of public opinion - kind of like a white cop shooting a black guy. Even when/if you are vindicated - there's still a stigma attached and some doors are permanently closed to you, often with no recourse. Another tidbit - unless the accuser makes their accusation public - if the alleged victim is a minor child - you never get to face your accuser or find out who made the allegation, so you have no legal recourse against that person even if the accusation is proven false.

Will Hayden will get his due process and day in court, but I gotta say that he has always personally seemed like a creep to me from what I've seen on TV, and with multiple accusers coming forth, I personally think he's guilty. I don't think he's got a fair chance with a jury trial -he's too high profile of a figure, he doesn't have mountains of money to buy off witnesses or hire the best defense team - so personally I think his best shot as the most impartial trial possible is going to be a bench trial. Of course, if he's guilty and it looks like he's going to loose everything - I wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself before his trial starts, or if it's over.

I do find Stephanie's story a bit hard to swallow - going from being super supportive of her dad, starring on the TV show with him, to suddenly reversing course and saying she too was raped 20 years ago by him - either Will Hayden really is a master at controlling people's behavior and instilling THAT much fear - or she's band wagoning. 20 year old rape allegations are hard to prove, and hard to disprove - so all it does is further taint public opinion against him. Her fainting spell at the end of the segment seemed staged too.

Maybe it's because I'm not a molestation victim - but it seems to me that if I was raped repeatedly as a youth by a relative, that as soon as I was able to do so I would GTFO of that place and as far away from said monster as possible, even if I never went forward to the authorities. I certainly wouldn't cozy up to them, play the part of the doting, loving child to them and defend them against other abuse allegations.

From my outside looking in perspective, I think the whole Hayden family is FUBAR. I hope his daughter (the 12 year old) if she was really raped manages to have a normal life - but that's going to be a hard one for her. I hope if Hayden is guilty he's locked up for life and they loose the key to his cell.

The show trial in the media, and the court is far from over. The cheap, train wreck-entertainment continues.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not at all uncommon for victims of child abuse/molestation to keep quiet about their ordeal. It also isn't unheard of for the victim to put on a public face around their abuser that hides what that person did to them - especially when that person has intimidated them - which most abuser do.

I didn't watch the show much - didn't really care for it - but yes, the accusations do not surprise me.

This guy never seemed "right". He always seemed upset and never happy regardless of how things went. Yes, I realize a lot of it was TV drama being played up, but it went beyond that. He was overly manipulative with the people on the show, as well as the daughter and son in law. Even Joe Meaux, (who is the legal owner of Red Jacket Firearms), said much the same. While he had no idea of his sex crimes, he said it explained a lot of the manipulative traits he always displayed to him all the time.

This guy was miserable inside. You could see it by the way he acted. Now there seems little doubt he'll be going away for the rest of his life. Especially as more and more people come forward. That's the way most of these cases materialize. After the first one comes out, the flood gates open as they all realize they were not the only ones, and their accusations will become more plausible and believable. Bottom line, this guy better sleep on his back, and not drop the soap. Child molesters guilty of incest are lower than whale $h!t in prison. He'll be lucky if he isn't murdered.

Maybe Joe will bring Red Jacket's prices down to reasonable levels now that they aren't making "game changers" every week. We should hopefully see their 10/22 bullpup conversion increase in production as well since that was Joe's baby. I saw it at Shot and it is spendy but, it is really cool as well. Also, it'd be nice if he talked Discovery in to doing the show and it actually being about firearms manufacturing. Going through like R&D and how the machines work, etc. I guess engineering is boring to some and making random stupid bubblegum "game changers" is more exciting but, I'd honestly rather see engineering & gunsmithing.

Id say.. Watch her (the daughter) bank statements very carefully.

If it legitimately happened and she is just now unsuppressing that memory then perhaps I can understand.. Which isnt a stretch.. I know guys that become brawlers when they get a drop of liquor in them.. So it isn't a stretch for this guy to have chi-mo tendencies when he's been drinking.

However, with as much funding the antis and our government has.. The tin foil hat wearer in me see this as another anti firearm subconscious attack.
Yet again place the stigma of evil and untrustworthiness upon the firearms community.. Via defamation of firearm icons
(perhaps not to us)
geared toward the new shooters and low information crowd.

Let me say this, from first hand experience. When someone had been abused sexually, they usually never tell a soul. It's a shameful, degrading experience.
It's horrible.
I didn't tell my parents tell I was 25. They were the first to know.

Agreed. My brother was abused by a neighbors nanny in the philipines. He had a bad lfe and I hated him because he took it out on me not knowing about it. All came to a head when he was 19 drove drunk and almost killed himself. Then was in jail got out and tried to swallow a bottle of pills. Was on suicide watch for a 24 hours. Finally he told my mom and got some help. Now he's turned into a great person and parent. But he kept it a secret for 15 years until it almost killed him.

I gather that they want to redact/change the statute of limitations to never when it comes to rape. Probably hang on to those fuel receipts and whatnot for the rest of your life.. and of course don't rape nobody. lol

I will wait until he is tried and a verdict rendered to join the fray.
However the show sucked and y'all are right Will always seemed phony to me. I only watched the show if the I love lucy reruns were really bad.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews