JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whether they can be rehabilitated or not to me is a wasted argument. Their first offense, to me, is severe enough to warrant putting them down. It's not about them, but the damage they cause.

I agree. I don't think it should be an opportunity. It might lessen first time offenders if they know if they get caught they will perish.

Also, I bet it could be said they reoffend less statistically because victims of child molestations are way less likely to report than other violent crimes. So your stats may not have any real world meaning because they are reoffending but just haven't been caught. Not worth the risk. Bury them

Also, I bet it could be said they reoffend less statistically because victims of child molestations are way less likely to report than other violent crimes. So your stats may not have any real world meaning because they are reoffending but just haven't been caught. Not worth the risk. Bury them

Sex crimes are under-reported to begin with. If you allow for one, you allow for both. However, it's a lot harder to offend once you're in the system, for predatory sex offenders- you're under supervision, you have strict rules you have to follow, you're often subject to routine polygraph, no internet or monitored internet access, etc. Sex Offenders aren't simply released, handed bus fair and given their civil liberties back.

They don't re-offend because we have a good system in place. Let's also not forget that the vast majority of "sex offenders" aren't predatory.

Prostitution, "statutory" rape, deviant sexual behavior.. all top the list. Raping and molesting children is the hard core, and the cases usually aren't cut-and-dried- as many as 10% of accusations of straight-up child molestation are false, and lodged during custody disputes. That's significant, and unique in the criminal justice system- people are falsely accused of crimes all the time in other areas of the system, but generally because a crime has actually been committed, and the accusation is due to error in identification of the perpetrator... not outright invention. Sex crimes are pretty much the only corner where people make false accusations in malice. The level of persecution is higher; Subsequently, erroneous convictions are also higher.

As a father of 6, I am just as interested in preventing child abuse as anyone. Calling for the execution of all "child molesters" based on conjecture is irrational.

Ever seen A Clockwork Orange? We actually do that, and it actually works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversion_therapy

I happen to have known a few PPl that turned out to be perps, they all re-offended several times.
But hey, OR is going to bestow human rights to animals so everything is fine!

MONSTER: Fourth Victim Comes Forward To Accuse "Sons Of Guns" Star Of Rape [Updated]
just how many alleged victims there may be:
The Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office reported William Hayden, a star on the reality television series "Sons of Guns," has been arrested there on charges of aggravated rape and indecent behavior with a juvenile. This makes four alleged victims and three different

facebook.png

twitter.png

gplus.png

They don't re-offend because we have a good system in place.

This is a complete load of horse sh*t. The system is completely f up beyond belief.

Maybe mention most of these scum a** child molesters never go to trial. They all cop a plea because they know damn well they are guilty. And that comes from a friend LEO who has been working those cases for the last 10 years.

Sex crimes are under-reported to begin with. If you allow for one, you allow for both. However, it's a lot harder to offend once you're in the system, for predatory sex offenders- you're under supervision, you have strict rules you have to follow, you're often subject to routine polygraph, no internet or monitored internet access, etc. Sex Offenders aren't simply released, handed bus fair and given their civil liberties back.

They don't re-offend because we have a good system in place. Let's also not forget that the vast majority of "sex offenders" aren't predatory.

Prostitution, "statutory" rape, deviant sexual behavior.. all top the list. Raping and molesting children is the hard core, and the cases usually aren't cut-and-dried- as many as 10% of accusations of straight-up child molestation are false, and lodged during custody disputes. That's significant, and unique in the criminal justice system- people are falsely accused of crimes all the time in other areas of the system, but generally because a crime has actually been committed, and the accusation is due to error in identification of the perpetrator... not outright invention. Sex crimes are pretty much the only corner where people make false accusations in malice. The level of persecution is higher; Subsequently, erroneous convictions are also higher.

As a father of 6, I am just as interested in preventing child abuse as anyone. Calling for the execution of all "child molesters" based on conjecture is irrational.

Ever seen A Clockwork Orange? We actually do that, and it actually works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversion_therapy
I have some Leo friends. They say these types of folks move to Oregon due to how nice they treat the offenders.
By the way, I have brother in law who spent 10 months in jail, with work release, for sex intent crimes with a 14 year old. He violated his parole less then a year after he got out. I'd rather help a other types of law breakers. But the sex offenders need to die. Pile them up and bury them in a mass grave. Unmarked. And then build a football stadium over it.
By the way, my brother in law, messed with his sister, my wife, when they were young. So, screw your methods of helping these devil people.

Last Edited:
I've seen several statements that pedophiles can't be rehabilitated in this thread..... have you ever actually researched the topic? Sex offenders have the lowest recidivism rates of all convict groups. Relatively speaking, they are very rehabilitate-able. There are several highly effective treatment programs in use currently. It's a compulsive disorder, and like most compulsive disorders, the usually really want to change. Unlike other criminals.

Do some googling before you call for death.

Bull.

I did a little research and even worked with sex offenders in a rehabilitative correctional setting.

The fact is treatment programs are a joke. They can claim success all they want, and give you all kinds of statistics to "prove" their claims, but they are all miserable failures. The only thing the average sex offender learns is how to be more manipulative and cunning upon release.

Sex offenders are experts at hiding their crimes - usually by intimidation of their victims, and by shaming them, making the victims think it is their fault they were molested/raped/etc.

They are also experts at lying - many pathologically so. Many actually believe they did nothing wrong. Take NAMBLA for example. If you read any of their fantasy stories, you can see their mindset in this regard.

So they may appear to act as if they have reformed, they may say they have seen the light, but they are at high risk for recidivism, and the supposed statistics don't take into account that many of the repeat offenders simply are not caught again - it doesn't mean they don't repeat offend.

It is very typical for these crimes to go unreported due to their nature.

So no - lock them up and throw away the key - or better yet, put them six feet in the ground.

Nope. Sadly, NAMBLA is quite real, and set on repealing the laws that imprison them for their crimes.

My personal opinion, is that; if I commit a gun crime, they take my guns away. If I commit a drug crime, they take my drugs away. If I commit a sex crime...you see where I'm going with this.

I also wonder about how many pedophiles are involved in the legal system, all the way up to judges. I think there are many more out that are never caught, or know how to shield themselves from the system.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews