JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been hunting (black tails) on and off since I was a kid. Have never personaly taken an animal but been there for a few. I have never really felt the urge to push hard until my boy said he wanted to start hunting. So this yr after he completed his HSC I decided to make it my mission to get the boy on an animal. I stomped the brush for a couple weeks until this one finally stepped out and he dropped in its tracks. He is a great kid with a deep respect for wildlife. I am a lucky dad. Now if he will just get a damn haircut!

image.jpg

Way to go, Panther. My son is who got me back into it... 40 years since I last hunted! He passed his HSC online, passed the instructor course and I made the same commitment. We've now been hunting together for 3 seasons and really enjoying our time together. He says it doesn't matter if we don't get anything, it's just great to be here doing it.

Oh, for the hair thing... take him to Prineville. I know some good 'ol boys down there who'll be happy to help. :}

Bill

My dad and his friends would drench their sons in the deer's blood, feces, whatever, as a congratulatory ritual for killing their first buck. This at a one-week camp with no showers, just a 3/4 frozen creek. So when it was my time to 'bag mine' I deliberately dropped the butt of the 243 1/4" and shot over the deer. No thanks dad! Kids today have it easier.

Hair styles come and go. Be thankful for the time your son WANTS to spend with you. Its what being a Father is al about, too many kids these days want nothing to do with their parents. I cannot wait to start the huntimg tradition with my two children.

+1 on the buck, textbook first trophy.

great job! wish more kids these days were hunting,fishing building forts getting into reasonable mischief.seems like the modern day family photo includes five people sitting in the living room,with there faces buried in an electronic device,saying nothing to each other.pretty pathetic.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top