Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

sonic cleaner ???

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by ThunderStruck, Sep 28, 2013.

1. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Southern Oregon Member

I have a question about ultrasonic cleaners?
    How often do you change the cleaning solution, also do I leave the solution in cleaner or clean it after each use...
    ed

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I'd leave it in the cleaner unless it's used only very rarely.
    You're probably supposed to rinse the solvent off of the cleaned part so even if it had a lot of particulate on/in it, it would be rinsed off.
    As to changing, I'm not a chemist, and it may well lose its effectiveness over time, but I'd strain it through a coffee filter occasionally and if it's terribly ganky, I'd use a cone paint strainer - they come in multiple grades of fineness - (get them at Miller paint etc. for like a dime ea).. change out the solvent when it no longer works satisfactorily.

3. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

if you use citric acid powder and some dawn soap, the cost per fill is less than a dollar (probably more like a quarter)... I change it when I can no longer see the bottom...

if you use the expensive stuff (why do you use the expensive stuff anyway)... then you can filter it...