Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sometimes there are bad examples

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by elsie, Oct 7, 2015.

1. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

From Reuters/AFP http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...lifter-as-he-flees-store/ar-AAfcjea?li=BBieTU

US woman shoots at shoplifter as he flees store

A woman in suburban Detroit opened fire on a shoplifter after seeing a security guard chase him out of a Home Depot store, police said.

The shoplifter in Tuesday's Home Depot incident was not injured, the Detroit Free Press said.

It was not clear if the woman, who has a license to carry a concealed weapon, would face any charges for taking the law into her own hands.

The woman, 48, was in the parking lot when she saw a security guard chase a black man in his 40s out of the store. The man jumped into a waiting sports utility vehicle and the woman opened fire when it began to pull away. Police believe she shot out one of the tires.

A spokesman for the Auburn Hills police department did not immediately return a request for comment. The department did, however, publish some details on Twitter.

It noted that "business was not disrupted" and asked for the public's help in locating the "getaway" car.

The incident comes just a few weeks after a bank customer in a neighboring Detroit suburb shot a robber as he was fleeing the scene.

The local mayor said the 63-year-old man, who also had a license to carry a weapon, acted within his rights because the robber threatened him on his way out the door.

The robber, 43, was treated in hospital after being shot once in each arm and once in a leg.

"I'm happy that no one was seriously injured," Jim Fouts, the mayor of Warren, Michigan, told the Detroit Free Press at the time. "He apparently exercised some caution by not shooting the robber in a vital area."

elsie

2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

We don't need that kind of press. Unfortunately, having freedom to own and carry a gun will, from time to time, lead to these kinds of incidents.

This lady is a moron and one of the reasons the anti-gun crowd loves to push for mandatory training.

Sgt Nambu, hker71, Koda and 2 others like this.
  3. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Seen too many cop shows.

I bet she learns a lesson

Sgt Nambu and hker71 like this.
  4. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Somebody find the video please. I gotta see this idiot.

Sgt Nambu, hker71 and decklin like this.
  5. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

Of all of the successful armed citizen stories out there, it's these that get attention. Not the ones that save lives during a major crime, it's the ones where idiots shoot at a fleeing suspect after shoplifting. Never ceases to amaze me the ones they pick for tv/news.

hker71 likes this.
  6. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

In the past 10 years I can only remember a handful like this though. The overwhelming majority of gun owners have enough sense to not shoot a thief running away.
    Saying that we have plenty of idiot gun owners that trash the shooting spots and hurt themselves and others with N.D.s

Cherpybird, hker71 and Brutus57 like this.
  7. donaldc

donaldc Seattle Active Member

The timing with this idiot shooting at a shoplifter could not be worse. It's circle jerk over at the anti-gun sites trying to make it seem like all CPL holders are like this.

hker71 likes this.
  8. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Really not sure if her actually hitting what she was shooting at would have been a better ending but there would have been less potential for the errant bullets to go where ever.

hker71 and Koda like this.
  9. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The holes should all be in the front.:rolleyes:

Stomper likes this.
  10. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Heard she got charged, felony and 90 days for unlawful discharge of a weapon in city limits or public... She did have a CCW just didn't engage her brain, obviously.

Someone who would have thought out the scenario fully would have shot the wheels out from under the speeding shopping cart....:confused:

Brutus Out

Slobray, Sgt Nambu, RicInOR and 2 others like this.
  11. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No need if it was one with magnetic locks.:D
    The front wheels lock up at the edge of the parking lot.:eek:

12. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

13. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

The robber, 43, was treated in hospital after being shot once in each arm and once in a leg.

"I'm happy that no one was seriously injured," Jim Fouts, the mayor of Warren, Michigan, told the Detroit Free Press at the time. "He apparently exercised some caution by not shooting the robber in a vital area.".....Reeeeeeeally :confused:

14. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow, I just wrote and erased a post, basically, bad lady, shouldn't ever do that, etc. But wouldn't it be fun!

I just spent a week in SoCal! I'm going to have to check myself! Odd feeling!:cool:

15. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I guess I'm becoming the polar opposite of "Let the punishment fit the crime!"

I'm just so danged sick of criminals that I feel, Hey, criminal! Meet the Draconian"

16. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

1ed08c17b626bd9c260080fb1e410126.jpg

17. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Was it smart to do? In 1850, yes. This day and age, I guess not. But I still like the standard she set for the next burgler.

Just how I feel.