JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I picked up a gently used Citadel 1911 Officer from NW armory about a month ago. 2 weeks ago I went to the range with 2 ACT mags and 3 generic mags from Joe's Magmania (nice mags...look like Kimber seconds). All the mags would feed FMJ pretty well although I had 3 FTF (failure to feed...not fire) with the round nose diving and jamming up.

Also was having a few issues with returning to battery after a round was fired. A slap on the mag base would cure it...so I started researching it.

I replaced the recoil spring with a Wolff 24# unit and bought 3 Chip McCormick Match Grade Magazines. I went to the range on Friday.

All of the magazines feed ball perfectly with no FTF or FTE at all. The Citadel will also now feed "certain" JHP in Corbon DPX and Speer Gold Dot.

Very happy with this gently used Citadel ($399!) and glad THIS time the web's directives were spot on - change the mags and the recoil spring.
:s0155:

amen, this just backs up what i told a guy last week. ACT mags suck.
Know I am thinking what would it do if i out new springs in the ACT mag. humm... Experiment time.

I prefer Tripp Cobra mags. My other choice is Wilson Combat.

Tripp sells mag rebuild kits. They consist of a spring and follower. I rebuilt my Chip McCormick and Kimber mags with them. Just an FYI.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top