JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah they're cool but not for the price. I'll take a 7.3 L IDI Ford Diesel for a couple thousand dollars and a high canopy. Deck it out and you've got yourself the exact same thing for under 5k. 10k if you go crazy on it. Take the 190k you save and pay off your house, buy land, buy toys... Whatever.

My BOV has wings. Don't need no stinkin' roads.
wings_are_for_fairies_bumper_sticker_blue-p128841229570209726trl0_400.jpg
Helicopters are "winning!"

wings_are_for_fairies_bumper_sticker_blue-p128841229570209726trl0_400.jpg
Helicopters are "winning!"

HAHAHAHA Let's talk range, payload, and ease of maintenance.......and with a 50 knot headwind my ground speed is faster than a slow walk. My BO plan calls for me to take 3 plus 900 lbs of payload several hundred miles....I can do it non-stop in ice with a IFR reserve.....can the little Schweitzer air thrasher do that????

The thing that you cant forget is that in the event of an EMP, none of those vehicles will run, You need a mechanical injected Diesel with a mechanical fuel shut-off.

The very best would be a 1990-1993 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5spd Cummins with a mechanical fuel shut-off and an air starter, and a good filtering set up and portable centrifuge for cleaning used motor oil and other fuel "on the go" to use as fuel.

All of that is easy to get for under $6000, except the air starter.

Our fuel quality here in Oregon is the worst in the nation, 5-7% H2o (I have tested it personally) regular gas has about a 6 week life span in a sealed tank and about a 2 week lifespan exposed to the atmosphere. a BUG OUT rig must be a diesel.

I see your Earthroamer and raise you a Unicat!

Unicat make some amazing rigs. However for my area, both the Earthroamer and the Unicat are going to do no more then get stuck somewhere off road. I'd be much better suited by my Scout with a pintel hook trailer.

HAHAHAHA Let's talk range, payload, and ease of maintenance.......and with a 50 knot headwind my ground speed is faster than a slow walk. My BO plan calls for me to take 3 plus 900 lbs of payload several hundred miles....I can do it non-stop in ice with a IFR reserve.....can the little Schweitzer air thrasher do that????
Range: 275NM (with full fuel)
Payload: None (1 Passenger, maybe 2 depending on model)
Maintenance: Extensive
Need for Runway: Non-Existent
Besides Duce, I would so steal our Bell 407 in a SHTF scenario. Just had to give you some crap. =)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top