JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Something to consder when the SHIFT happens,
I was doing dome thinking and pondering on how people are going to provide food for them self and there family's when the SHIFT happens. Then I thought if they cant provide for them self's how are going to for there dogs?
I'm going to assume that they will let them go.
Those dogs are going to be hungry and I'm guessing that they will kill to get food and join up with other dogs to find food.
So wild packs of dogs are something to consider when the SHIFT happens.
What are your thoughts????

Stomper is right, except if they're in a pack try to line up two for one shot!
A pack of ferrel dogs is a dangerous thing, something to beware of.
In a time of starvation I would certainly be hunting dogs.

My dog is a very valuable asset to my family. He hears much better than anyone, his sense of smell is phenomenal, he is territorial / protective and lastly is trained better than 95 percent of any other dogs I know of. All that said, he gets a place AT the dinner table - not ON the dinner table :eek:

My neighbor's dog? We're eating that barking POS first sign of the balloon.:s0140:

I am not worried about feeding my dogs. They are part of the family and will be provided for. Mine all have jobs, interior security, early warning, exterior security, water fowl recovery and if needed tracking ability. They alert on sight, hearing and smell. I know what they are alerting on by their vocalizations and body posture.

In SHTF, they are not going to be eaten, I am not going to allow them to challenge other dogs, or humans unless dire, and I will whack any threatening other dogs that come around.

You have to do better in your food source planning than considering dogs. Pretty much hope I have packed it in by that time.

I've got an extra bag of food for kitty-kitty-dog-dog and kitty-kitty-cat-cat... If they go through that and bubblegum is still hitting the fan I'm guessing I'll be shooting stuff and scavenging. In any case food goes to the kids first, then me and the wife, and pets _are_ possible food... especially the useless Chihuahua Greyhound mix I call "California Dawg" 'cause it always looks like it's cold.

beware of doug.jpg

I have a mini Blue Heeler that is 25 lbs of jihadi terror. I like him and trust him more than most people in my workplace :)......he is an "alert SOB" and nobody's gonna be dining on him anytime soon. He is so darn fast and elusive nobody could hit him anyway!!!.......When the feral pack hits my property I am gonna start stackin em deep with my 10/22 and some WW Powerpoints...........

family pets are a multi-tool, they keep the children focused on something besides their fears, they are a 24hr alarm system with ears and nose 250 times better than any human, they are a scout and a garbage disposal.
They are a psychological mirror and stress barometer
well worth their weight in kibbels

My dog is a very valuable asset to my family. He hears much better than anyone, his sense of smell is phenomenal, he is territorial / protective and lastly is trained better than 95 percent of any other dogs I know of. All that said, he gets a place AT the dinner table - not ON the dinner table :eek:

My neighbor's dog? We're eating that barking POS first sign of the balloon.:s0140:
Yeah I'm eating all 13 of my neighbors dogs.... Even before I open up my food reserves

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top