JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They charged him with Attempted Aggrivated Murder. There isn't a harsher penalty for what he did. How is that preferential treatment?

<broken link removed>

"Cannon was taken into custody and deputies said he sustained cuts on his face while resisting arrest."

"Cannon was taken to the Washington County Jail and faces "multiple charges" but the charges have not yet been detailed by the sheriff's office."

No special treatment here? Just one charge of attempted aggravated murder?

I wounder what the list of charges would be if I did what that Hillsboro police officer of 13 years did? Would LE hide the list?

Just keep watching and see how this ends. It would not be the same for a non-LEO.

Some question my trust in LE. What good did officer Cannon do for gaining trust in LE?

Just push everything I said aside...

How disturbing is it when we hear of a 13 year LEO shooting at other LEOs? That is pretty messed up.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...-shoots-at-sherif/2kCGY5u3QU6wvB0nP2fetQ.cspx

"A sheriff's office spokesman said 10 officers from three different agencies fired their service weapons on Sunday."

"One neighbor reported hearing several bursts of gunfire and estimated there to have been 40 shots between all the officers. Sheriff deputies have not confirmed that account."

<broken link removed>

"Cannon was taken into custody and deputies said he sustained cuts on his face while resisting arrest."

"Cannon was taken to the Washington County Jail and faces "multiple charges" but the charges have not yet been detailed by the sheriff's office."

No special treatment here? Just one charge of attempted aggravated murder?

I wounder what the list of charges would be if I did what that Hillsboro police officer of 13 years did? Would LE hide the list?

Just keep watching and see how this ends. It would not be the same for a non-LEO.

Some question my trust in LE. What good did officer Cannon do for gaining trust in LE?

If you think that LEO want to help out a guy who was involved in a domestic disturbance and then engaged in a fire-fight with said LEO, you are crazy. After engaging in cqb with the suspect after he barricaded himself in, I doubt anyone is trying to do this guy any favors.

And, the DA decides what he is ultimately charged with, not the police. If he gets any deal or anything less than what you feel worthy, then your issue should be with the DA's office.

KOIN is reporting that ten different officers and/or deputies discharged their firearms: five FG police officer, 4 WACO deputies, and a Hillsboro (not the guy arrested) police officer. Ten shooters.

Ten officers placed on leave in Forest Grove shooting investigation - Koinlocal6.com

Hahahaha ! Bravo ! 10 shooters ? Wow ! Sounds like entire departments need remedial training to me. I hope these guys never get tasked with going door to door for gun confiscation, they're in for an *** whuppin.

It has been mentioned that the officer/bad guy will receive preferential treatment. I don't know....but let's just say that nothing would shock me. Posts above said he was charged with aggrevated attempted murder....allegedly the " most serious charge possible ". That is probably true, but so what ? Charges can be dropped by the D.A. just as fast as they can be filed. Should be interesting to see where Officer Cannon ends up in say.....5 years.

another example that not all cops are the good guys!

most are but not all of them!

Another example that not all cops can shoot worth a dang! This is a tragedy all around. This looks like an older guy, they probably were married for many years. My best wishes to them. I also hope that his wife gets armed and trained before this man hits the streets again!

Another example that not all cops can shoot worth a dang! This is a tragedy all around. This looks like an older guy, they probably were married for many years. My best wishes to them. I also hope that his wife gets armed and trained before this man hits the streets again!

I think the reports say he's 46. If that qualifies as older guy, then I am completely SOL. :)

10 non shooting cops and 1 domestic violence practicing cop off the street....they're gonna be needing to hire some new officers. Sounds like firearm proficiency is not a requirement. So much for DPSST qualification. Remember kids....the police are here to protect you. You lowly civilians cannot be trusted with a firearm. I wonder if anyone even considered what or who was behind their target for even a moment ? My kids even know better than that. That's 9 Glocks and 1 Sig ( If I remember right FG cops carry Sigs or at least used to ) and 1 rifle blazing away at inside house distances....amazing !

If you think that LEO want to help out a guy who was involved in a domestic disturbance and then engaged in a fire-fight with said LEO, you are crazy. After engaging in cqb with the suspect after he barricaded himself in, I doubt anyone is trying to do this guy any favors.

No special treatment ? He has one charge against him, 50% chance he'll get off at least. You or I would have 15 or 25 charges against us and forced into a plea bargain. Finally, now get this.....his bail is set at $25,000 ! Anyone else would have bail set at millions. $25,000 ! That's $2,500 to walk to take Trimet back to the house. One credit card with a small limit.

We'll never hear much about this one after a few days. He'll probably get counseling and probation if he's convicted at all. Never mind the fact that domestic abusers aren't supposed to have firearms to begin with.

No special treatment ? He has one charge against him, 50% chance he'll get off at least. You or I would have 15 or 25 charges against us and forced into a plea bargain. Finally, now get this.....his bail is set at $25,000 ! Anyone else would have bail set at millions. $25,000 ! That's $2,500 to walk to take Trimet back to the house. One credit card with a small limit.

We'll never hear much about this one after a few days. He'll probably get counseling and probation if he's convicted at all. Never mind the fact that domestic abusers aren't supposed to have firearms to begin with.

Again, you don't seem to understand how this works. It doesn't matter what he is charged with, the DA will add or subtract charges as he/she sees fit. The police could charge him with whatever, and he will not be released until he sees a judge.

And, his bail is set at $250,000 for this measure 11 crime, not $25,000.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top