JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One officer was shot in the cheek the other the top of the shoulder near his head. The shot was made from 125 yards through a crowd. The police say with a handgun. That's 375 feet. Either those were two lucky shots (for the shooter not the police) or the shooter was quite a marksman. What kind of gun was he using? Was it scoped? Did he use a rest? What was the caliber? Was he ex military? It doesn't seem plausible that this was the act of an average disgruntled protestor. The officers probably survived because of the distance and loss of velocity. The bullets didn't penetrate in either case.

The crowd had thinned out.
The multi-jurisdictional group of officers were about to be released from riot control duty.
Chief said officers in group heard multiple rounds pass them, saw muzzle flashes from a house.
Where did you hear the bullets didn't penetrate?
Shot to the face traveled to above the ear and lodged in the skull.
Doctors won't remove it until they can do it without damaging his brain.
Shot to the shoulder passed under the scapula, exited the back after missing the spine.
Last I heard, there are three persons being questioned.
I thinko_O someone unloaded a 9mm on that group of officers.
I can shoot to 100 yards and hit an adult head plate with a G27 offhand and stock iron sights.
I admit it took all 7 rounds to make one hit, but a 200 grain 40SW bullet clanged the steel.
Here's the trajectory of a 9mm pistol bullet
9mmTrajectory.jpg
Bullet drop at 125 yards would be 23 inches.

One officer was shot in the cheek the other the top of the shoulder near his head. The shot was made from 125 yards through a crowd. The police say with a handgun. That's 375 feet. Either those were two lucky shots (for the shooter not the police) or the shooter was quite a marksman. What kind of gun was he using? Was it scoped? Did he use a rest? What was the caliber? Was he ex military? It doesn't seem plausible that this was the act of an average disgruntled protestor. The officers probably survived because of the distance and loss of velocity. The bullets didn't penetrate in either case.

I think you are reading into and assuming way to much. Id say odds are better that these were random indiscriminate rounds that happened to find two unlucky Officers. They may have been aimed, but even then Id venture to bet it was just the odds at play against the Officers rather than some grand conspiracy. I doubt the shots came from a grassy knoll.

It was probably a ghost gun AR pistol chambered in 9mm.
Time to prop one up on a table for the press...along with the "cache" of bullitz

SIG
I think you are full of it . . . It was a continuation of the conspiracy originated and perpetuated by the emperor and his court jester and his two closest advisors, al and an jesse .

Sheldon

SIG
I think you are full of it . . . It was a continuation of the conspiracy originated and perpetuated by the emperor and his court jester and his two closest advisors, al and an jesse .

Sheldon

Haha, I wont dismiss the notion that they were fired by an agitator, maybe even one from the royal court of fools. I DO however dismiss outright, the notion that this involved some Jason Bourne like assassin or even someone with enough skill to accurately lob a handgun round to make a precision shot.

Ultimately I think the interest of the regime is to increase tension to the point that the imposition of martial law will be justified and the Constitution suspended . . . Let's see if there is an election in 2016.
It isn't a stretch for me to believe he won't leave office!?!?!?!?!

Sheldon

The medical report I heard was that the one bullet hit the cheekbone traveled around the outside of the skull to the back of the head. The second bullet hit the top of the frontal shoulder and likewise traveled over the top, across (or under) the scapula down the outside of the ribcage and stopped near the spine. Neither bullet caused bone destructi0on or penetrated the skull or body cavity. Neither officer was kept overnight. I didn't say that the shots couldn't be made only that if it was not luck then they were made by a trained marksman. If both hits would have been on the same officer they would have been pretty close to each other. Not necessarily a conspiracy only someone who is proficient with a handgun. I probably titled the thread wrong.

I wonder if "Good Shoot" CCW /CHL/CWP incidents around the country are pissing off the far left & Left & current administration as much as the "High Profile" Police Shootings of minorities of late have and that Firearm Restrictions are gaining traction as top tier concerns of Teh Messiah in final 2 years . ??

Just because it was a handgun round (caliber hasn't been identified) doesn't mean it was fired from a handgun. The shooter doesn't need to be some Jason Bourne type miracle of precision......just someone that's capable of hitting a pizza box at 120 yards using something like a 9mm or 40 cal. Ruger PC4 or maybe a;
- KelTec sub 2000?
- Marlin camp rifle?
- 357 Henry?
-Beretta CX4?
-Hi Point 95 series?
-Uzi?
-Mech Tec CCU?

And that's just to name a few, without even including 22lr or 22 mag variants...as far as I know, they haven't publicly identified either the gun or the round yet.

Heck...even IF it was a handgun, the azzhat that shot it may have actually thought he was shooting a couple feet over their heads and didn't consider bullet drop at that distance. Probably thought he could "agitate" the cops into firing into the crowd.

Last Edited:
Ultimately I think the interest of the regime is to increase tension to the point that the imposition of martial law will be justified and the Constitution suspended . . . Let's see if there is an election in 2016.
It isn't a stretch for me to believe he won't leave office!?!?!?!?!

Sheldon

My thoughts exactly

Someone has been taking potshots at them for weeks. Maybe their aim has improved after all that practice, or maybe they got lucky. More likely, I'm completely wrong and we'll have a better idea when they release more information in a few days, weeks or months.

I think it was just some thugs wanting to itimidate the police and got lucky that they hit anything. They fired several rounds and a couple hit their targets.

I think it's BS that the govt came out with that report and BS for anyone in that department to step down.
All that did was fuel the fire and make it look like there was guilt when there wasn't any.

Any inner city in the country you will find two things:
1. Most cops are white
2. Most criminals are minority

That just facts.
It's how the community is raised.
We need to start with a systematic change in family values and start punishing the parents of these gangsters. Maybe then the community as a whole will want to change and actually be real parents. But that will never happen. Because it's never their fault.

Unless your white.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top