JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our Marines in Yemen have done their duty with honor and I, for one, am glad that they have been withdrawn safely.

It is sad that Iran has been able to overcome the legitimate government of Yemen. Perhaps Yemen's neighbors will help set things right. It is not up to the United States to police every place in the world. I am not sure what the US could have done to prevent this.

I'm not against our leaving....
It's the manor in which we were forced to leave by that POS in the WH.:mad:
We were in effect "Run out of town.":(

Exactly...leaving is one thing, how you leave is another thing. My son was in Yemen back in 2007. Says it was a pretty loose place then. Pulling the Marines out should have been done by the Expeditionary Force that would be on a ship close by with about 500 Marines and aviation assets. We should have seen about 6 or so helo's, Blackhawks, CH 47's with Apache cover making the extraction.

GHope they got everything destroyed at the Embassy they needed too...

Having them leave on a commercial flight after scrambling in POV's to the airport and then giving up their weapons so they could fly commercial ??? Complete BS....

Guns, guns and knives, more guns:D. I doubt it will stop this thread from being locked but thought I better put that in enough times so the mod can see it. Lots of stories we are not allowed to discuss under the rules here so are there any sites you go to for freedom of speech? If so PM me with the site. Thanks.

They had pictures on the news last night of some of the rags mugging with the Hummers that were left behind. They should have rigged up a few Claymores and some Con them so when they opened the door, there would have been a few less rags to worry about.

Yeah. The Mod. did move it out of politics.o_O

Thats what I thought it was....:confused:

Live 'n Learn...;)

Ya the governor thread was locked on not about guns yet the discussion about who is next in line is very important to gun owners. Upsets me when something so important in life blocked from discussion.

Even more important is your thread about our Marines and how this will affect our every day lives to give up our guns and be run out of the middle east. Well in before they throw out another great thread. Thanks for the info Capn.

I can't even say what I think should be done. But I'm sure the feeling is mutual between most of us.
I hope he doesn't need those boys to defend him any time soon,I mean without any guns or such.

Ok, why isn't the CLown in Chief being impeached yet? Joe Biden, spineless and stupid as he is, would be a better choice at this point. Disgraceful. I hope, when his term is over in 2016 he moves out of the country and gives up his citizenship - he is the worst example of an American, and the worst example of a "leader" this country has ever known. Those Marine's should've been cleared to kill every last Jihadi in Yemen to defend our embassy, not lay down their guns and fly home on Air Camel or WTF ever they came home on.

Was this an attempt to start an invasion? Let the Marines get killed so we have a better reason to go?
I know they know they are "expendable" but at least let them go with honor,not on their knees.
It would be classic if any Marines who were at any of his events laid down their weapons as he walked in.
Then take one from the NYPD and turn their backs on him

As the father of 3 Marine Corps combat veterans, I can tell you one thing, that their dedication to protecting the Constitution of the United States would not allow them to lay down a weapon in protest, or to disrespect the "Office" of the President no matter how distasteful their regards for the person in that position is. Their training and brotherhood is that strong.

I also think, and will probably hear from one of them who will have the real scoop on what happened there, that the on ship command officers of that Expeditionary Force had at least 250 or more Marines and enough aviation assets sitting there and ready to mount up within 5 minutes notice and go take care of shot in Yemen, as they were certainly in radio and phone contact with the distressed forces on the ground. Pretty sure that any one of those commanders would have risked their career if those ground forces were in imminent danger of being over ran, and would have launched the extraction units. One of my boys was the Platoon Sgt for a QRF in Iraq. Their on duty status was to be mounted and ready to go within 2 minutes of the call for help, with a 20 minute travel time usually for probably 45 - 60 troops and several MRP's.

Extraction is a very risky process, but an exfiltration by civilian aircraft is even more risky. I would imagine the last thing those Marines did after being forced to leave their weapons before boarding that aircraft was given the fing ragheads the bird has they walked up the ramp.

While I agree with a units right to protest, the NYPD is hardly a comparison for any kind of ethical protest. The corruption, nepotisim, and the systemic adversarial attitudes that are standard operating procedures in that group hardly give them the right to protest what they see as "not right". That is a classic case of the inmates running the asylum.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top