JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually Browns camp quary is a great place to shoot... This is only during the off season. Right now there is digging operation going on. They will shut down the excavation operations and we are cleared to shoot there again. Some have connection with Stephani in the Forest Dept, and she lets us know the latest happening there... There is another mining pit i/we shoot at, its off hwy 26 and Section 10 road. Id be happy to show you. I might be heading up this week if you wanted to tag along.

jim

Excelllent news. If you find yourself going out the to other quarry on Saturday let me know in advance and I wiould love to tag along. Unfortunately work through the week and an airport trip on sunday have my schedule full other than that.

I used to captain a unit shooting team for my guard unit. We offered FREE guns, FREE ammo, PAID ENTRY FEES FOR MATCHES AND A DAYS PAY TO SHOOT.

We still could not get five people to come shooting in a 1200 person unit. They wanted ammo for "secret practice" at home or with their friends. If they were semi-retarded security forces types, they wanted ammo for secret mallcop training or special matches that had no bulletins, contact information or any form of proof they existed. We had losers who wanted to shoot in special 5/11 tacticool type uniforms they made up themselves instead of the duty uniform.

To a man(even a few women) they all refused to practice, show up at practice or do anything related to shooting unless they were paid. If we tossed them off the team after a few months, they complained we were racist, mean or to hard to deal with.

You are better off by yourself most of the time anyway.

I used to captain a unit shooting team for my guard unit. We offered FREE guns, FREE ammo, PAID ENTRY FEES FOR MATCHES AND A DAYS PAY TO SHOOT.

We still could not get five people to come shooting in a 1200 person unit. They wanted ammo for "secret practice" at home or with their friends. If they were semi-retarded security forces types, they wanted ammo for secret mallcop training or special matches that had no bulletins, contact information or any form of proof they existed. We had losers who wanted to shoot in special 5/11 tacticool type uniforms they made up themselves instead of the duty uniform.

To a man(even a few women) they all refused to practice, show up at practice or do anything related to shooting unless they were paid. If we tossed them off the team after a few months, they complained we were racist, mean or to hard to deal with.

You are better off by yourself most of the time anyway.
I don't necessarily believe that, you just need the right people in the mix.
If you offered me FREE guns and FREE ammo you would have to claim me as a tax write off cause I would never leave. It is a reasonable assumption that many of people in the guard were there for college money or career kick start and those hard core enough to shoot like you are talking about were probably regular servicemen and women. I have friends in nevada that regularly go out and spend the day making brass. We are all ex-service members mostly and some leo's.

Back in Nevada I could just go shoot 5 minutes from the house. I didn't know how good I had it. We had set up rebar stakes out to 1,200 yds (even though I have never shot that far) and just brought target stands in the pickup to set up. We had this dead end road with a nice straight lane that was probably 1500 yds long.

091.jpg

in the winter it looked like this;
DSC_0044.jpg

I knew that snowboarding pants were good for something. How do you like my tacticool uniform?? ;)
:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top