JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Regardless of 9mm ammo cost there's other reasons to make your own.
Want a powder puff SWC load?
Agreed Its a great way to experiment
Long ago, we tried to discover the barest minimum charge to cycle a 1911
We also wanted to see if we could make rounds that would just clear the barrel and others that were slow enough for us to see in flight.

We hammered a lot of bullets out of barrels:confused:

I long ago stopped bothering to roll 9mm. I was smart enough to keep the dies and even though I often give my brass away now I keep a 5 gal bucket of it and all the stuff I need to roll it again if I need to. Of course I also kept a few cases of the factory stuff on hand too. For those with VERY short memories? Well sucks to be you :s0140:

Agreed Its a great way to experiment
Long ago, we tried to discover the barest minimum charge to cycle a 1911
We also wanted to see if we could make rounds that would just clear the barrel and others that were slow enough for us to see in flight.

We hammered a lot of bullets out of barrels:confused:
I started reloading because I wanted a mild load with a 185 or 200 LSW bullet for my 1911.

I also now load a mild load for my G23(what a sweetheart to shoot with that!!!) and a service load for my 9mm AR with 147's along with 4 rifle cartridges from 223 to 338 Norma Magnum.

I saw lines into sportsman's warehouse to get ammo.

Lol
I didn't have to stand in line.

I reload 9mm not so much for cost savings, but for getting those sweet target loads you can't buy anywhere. 147 grn fn, making a power factor of ~ 139 has really easy, comfortable recoil, back on target fast, and knocks plates down with a reasonable amount of authority. It IS also nice not to have to worry as much about ammo shortages putting a dent in the ammo allowance for training. 'course there's still always a rush on primers, powder and bullets when things get weird.

Well
I've been ordering home for two weeks
I'm probably going to load some ammunition with my stupidly bought dies.
:)
I'm with you - an believe reloading is a great option for all calibers.
I have the same dies and many have told me the same thing in the past. My not being impacted isn't because I have 20K of factory rounds on the shelf - it's because I still have components to build another 20K rounds at will.

I started reloading in the barracks in the late 50's. A Lyman, "Nut Cracker" and range brass. The R&G Club had cheap components and I was only making $30.00 a month. Now it's .458 SoCom, because I'm not about to pay anyone $3.00 a round, when I can reload them for .35 ea. :mad:

9mm ? or .38Spl? Far as I know no one sells 145gr HP, (which works great in both) and I've still got 65lbs of lead and a drawer full of brass.:p

Everyone needs a hobby to keep them off of the streets and out of the bars. :cool:

Even a few months ago when 9mm was fairly cheap. I still prefer my reloads. More consistent, reliable. If anything is off, it's 100% my fault. During my move. My progressive press was down and I had to buy some factory 9mm to compete. I forgot how much I've reduced my loads when shooting factory 115 felt heavier in recoil lol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top